Chapter 2

"Happy anniversary, (f/n). I've got big plans. I'm not telling you anything though. I've got everything figured out, you just go along with what I tell you to do," he smirks at you. "I've heard that from you before," you give him a peck on the cheek, "that's why I completely trust you."

His smirk widens into a full smile. "I'm gonna give you a part of your surprise right now," you tell him leaning over, opening your nightstand drawer. His face saying you shouldn't have.

Before giving him the neatly wrapped gift, you place it on the bed next to him and pick up the now empty tray, "don't open it until I get back." He throws his head back and grunts in playful frustration.

After taking your time cleaning everything up, you return upstairs. Surprisingly, Mark hasn't even touched it, "good boy, Mark," you sit on the bed beside him, "you can open it now."

His face lights up. As he tears the paper, he sees what it is. It's a book. Not just any book. A scrapbook. Before he even opens it you see how grateful he is, "thank you, (f/n)," he kisses you softly.

"Look inside, silly," he slowly opens the cover. He instantly knows exactly what this is. You see his eyes gloss over. You lean over and wrap your arms around his neck, him returning the embrace.

"(F/n), this is too much. You shouldn't have done all this for me," the smirk remaining on his face. "You probably have more planned for me, knowing you. You've always managed to out do me in the past. It's not a competition, but I just wanted to step up my game and have a chance at winning this time," you place a hand on his leg.

As you begin looking at the pictures on the first page, you're both hit with images of the past. Flashbacks fill your mind. He glides his hand over the pictures, the tears escaping his eyes. You wipe them away with your thumb.

His eyes refusing to leave the page. You both drifted off into the abyss of sweet memories.