BAGS

Seattle grace stood still as sirens drifted to Seattle Presbyterian hospital. Addison Shepherd stood next to Miranda. Addison's red nails dug into her coat making grooves of the moon, still in the clothes she had flown in with on. Her legs felt numb beneath her. 

'He's taking a young doctor into the lift sir' a swat man stood metres away from Lexie.

We walked into the lift, My palms were sweating, my heart was racing. I stood with my back to the buttons.

'PRESS the button then'

The doors closed I smiled, tears started to adorn my face. I pushed the second floor button.

'I could never kill a mother of a young child' he pushed the gun to my thigh and shot. Pain rippled through my body. My mouth dropped open but no air or letters came out. A soundless scream. I saw Lexie's figure disappear she  looked into my eyes, I heard one shot and that was it. WAS SHE OK ? A second gunman ?

I was laid on the ground my eyes open, blood filled the floor but It wasn't mine, it was smeared like lipstick. I felt my blood rushing through my veins, pumping as hard as it can. I felt my adrenaline feel so high. My stomach began to fill with pain in intervals. My eyes flickered like shutters of the world and the world was gone, I was gone.

Lexie stood inside on the phone to 911.

'DR GREY, I'm sergeant Murray, where is the gunman now'

'He's with Laurel Shepherd in the lifts, they are going up to floor two'

I grabbed the red emergency button  with a stretch with my bloodied hand, I pulled it till it was in my hand alone and was no longer attached to the silver reflected door.I turned the gun was pointing towards me.

'the lifts stopped, she stopped the lift, oh shit- she's alone with him, we need to get her out'

'We both have children, we both need to be there for them'

'I'm no longer here for them, I'm just a shell' he said in response, he broke down in tears to the ground.

5 minutes later I believe it was, I had lost all concept of time, all I could feel was my pounding chest.

I could hear Webber outside of the lift.

'How could she be so stupid'

'She saved us Richard'  Mark said  as he began to manually pull open the doors.

'Sergeant Mallony, chief of Seattle PD, What can you hear inside the lift Lexie?'

'Nothing it's silent-Oh god- a gunshot'

Meanwhile Addie stood outside in the rain. 

'They are going to be all right Addison' Bailey suggested.

'Addie' Callie said from behind a smiley Aurora standing their hands entwined. 

'Hello Baby' Addie said with open arms. 

Callie walked behind a jumping Aurora. 

'Where's mommy?' Aurora said looking around. 

A police woman stood a few metres away, her hand clutching a radio of scrambled sound and parallel voices. 

'We have a 20 something young female with a gunshot wound, is currently stuck in an elevator between ground and second with the gunman.' 

'Hey, where's Laurel is she ok?' Sam said bounding towards the little crowd

'We don't know she's still inside' Addie said to a nervous Sam. 

'I just went to deliver a kidney too L.A general and as soon as I heard there was a shooter I scrambled back in the heli straight away' He said taking Aurora into his arms. 

'Addie, Laurel's in trouble, she's been shot, we need you in there' Richard Webber said running outside to Addie. 

Sam's heart dropped, his best friend and love gone. 

Webber and Addie barged through. 

'Sir you cannot go in' said the police woman with the radio pressing her arm and hand against his lime green sweater.

'I am the chief of this hospital and this is that girls mother' he said barging through the policewoman

'I'm her boyfriend can I get through' Sam tried to Bargin

'No sir, you can't got through'

Addison turned into the hospital doors and walked behind Webber, to each side of her blood smeared across the shiny perfection floor. They reached the doors of the lift, all swat team were stood outside and police. Meredith was all-ready there and so was Lexie bent down looking through the crack between the two doors, Mark was stood above her.

'hey, where's Derek?' Addie said concerned

'He's been shot, he's in recovery, Cristina operated on him' her face holding back tears, Addie reached out a hand to Meredith's shoulder. 

I woke up, my body was cold as ice, the sound of drills echoing through the small space. My throat was  dry and tight. Clark was dead his body slumped to the side of the lift. His blue eyes looking at me.

'H-E-L...L-O' I tried to whisper under my breath. 

'Laurel' Lexie said... 'hey, stop the drills she's awake' The drill cut off and a ripple of silence fell through the crowd. 

'Laurel, It's Lexie and Meredith can you hear us ?'

'Yeh-'I coughed

'Laurel, we are going to get you out  of there we promise, are you with him' 

'The baby- something's not right with the baby- and He...he's DEAD' I said my hands shaking.

'Laurel, what did you just say' Lexie tried to understand through the metal doors. 

'THE GUNMAN'S DEAD' 

'It's your Mom Laurel, where's the pain' she turned her head to the group of senior doctors, ' She sounds like baby will be in distress' 

'In my leg and my back, oh geeze my back is in agony, help me mom'

Mer held onto my mom's back whilst she was crouched as her eyes begin to align with tears.