BREATHE (2 A.M)

(THIS SONG I IMAGINE WHEN SHE'S IN THE RAIN)

I wondered the streets of Seattle that night, it started to rain heavily, I looked up at the light flickered sky. The rain drops falling onto my bare arms and falling off they were taking all the pain from me. My dress began to change colour with the constant pour of water. I must have been out for hours just standing there contemplating the  last two days, I felt like I could breathe again. My head was bleeding from my head hitting the desk, the blood ran down my face like paint being poured away. When a storm comes you have to dance in the rain. I danced in the rain of Seattle watching the world pass me by, My bare-feet hitting the paved  ground of the paths of strangers.

At the hospital Addie had placed Aurora on a chair behind the reception.

'She'll be allright Derek' Meredith said.

' Still no sign' Addison said

'Nope not a word' Derek replied

' Should we call her, I mean what do we do?' Meredith added

'Her phone's upstairs, I checked' Arizona said

'We can wait another hour' Bailey joined in

'she has no where to go Derek, nowhere' Addie said

'We can look around, she can't have gone far, Lawrence is here' Arizona said

' We can all look after the shift, I get off in an hour' Callie joined

' Me too' Bailey agreed

'she's a good kid, we used to do worse in New York, she probably needed a break' Mark suggested and was shown a large set of scouring looks, especially from Addison.

'She's not injured so she's going to be fine' Addison said cutting off Mark to speak directly to Derek.

'He strangled her Addison' he shouted

'Yes we all saw that Derek, we were all stood here'

'where's mommy?' Aurora cut through the noise

'Umm... she's gone for a walk' Arizona said back

'I've got a premie c-section to go to, can you page me if she turns up'

'Yes I will' Derek said with his arm on the desk.

'Thanks for stepping in Mark' Addie said as she passed him. He smiled back.

Shepperd and Callie's pagers went off for the E.R they ran down the stairs so fast.

Eight hours later I walked down towards the hospital, barefoot, I was soaked head to toe, my hair curled under the weight of the water. Purple marks began to show on my skin around my neck. The dress still torn from Law's collapse. I looked a wreck walking into that hospital like somebody had pushed me in the river but out the corner of my eye, I see a little girl around Aurora's age get hit by a small black vehicle, driven by a young teen on his phone. I dove to the traffic lights. Her little body lay there in the middle of the road.

I grabbed the mothers sweater off of the ground and put it beneath the girls head. The young girl cried in my arms.

'My leg hurts, mommy'

Her mom was stood in shock next to me, not able to move, paralysed at the idea of loosing her little one.

'she's going into shock' I said aloud looking at the little girl. One of her ribs layed outside her little body. I held the wound with the girls teddy, it was the only thing closest to me that would prevent the bleeding. An ambulance came and took us to Seattle grace. The large doors opened of Seattle grace.

'She has a fractured Rib on the exterior of her body, three year old, Millie Hopkins, hit by a black car at around 30 mph. Has a serious head injury to the left hand side of her head, serious lacerations across the face, her rib does not seem to have punctured any vital organs but I can't fully tell, so she will need an MRI.' I let Callie take the girl away,

'Laurel are you alright'

'I'm fine honestly' I said with my voice as sure as possible, however much the blood across and down my dress may appose the truth. The blood soaked teddy still attached to my shaken hand.