LET THE RAIN

'Your soaked' Meredith said' somebody grab her a towel'

'Your going to get hyperthermia' Arizona said, sitting me down on a chair and holding my arm. 

'Ok, Laurel you need to look at me a second' Mer said staring a white light straight into my eyes, it burned. 

' We need to get her into a room'

'NO, I'm not going to take one of your beds just because I'm wet, go help the little girl, Go' I said standing up to walk to Law's room.

'Laurel, your going to become sick' Derek said, Mark quickly grabbed his arm. 

' Leave it, I've got it' he said as he walked after me. ' Lexie grab some towels' Dad ran after the little girl. 

'Someone call up to the O.R tell them we have  Rib supluxation' 

I stopped in the middle fo the E.R. watching as the world spun around me, every person had a direction apart from me.  The world had slowed down, everything seemed in slow-motion.

'what was I doing again?' I said under my breath.

'Laurel' 

I slowly fell to the ground yet again, I must be setting the record for the number of falls. I lay there in the middle of the E.R on the ground. My body turning a cold porceline white. Mark dove towards me.

I woke up to the flash of lights above my head and the base beneath my body moving down the corridor. 

'What's happening' 

'Rel you collapsed, your body temperature is pretty low and-' 

 I suddenly felt lost again.

'she's going into V-fib'

'code blue, get the crash cart now' 

'charge to 200' 

'clear' 

Meredith, Mark and Lexie stood above my head, all in silence.

'heart rate's going back up'

'we need an Iv her electrolytes will be down' 

They took me to a room and packed my body in a heated blanket.

I whispered through my blue lips, 'Is the little girl alright?'

'She's in surgery now Laurel' I shut my eyes, I felt a light above my head and I went to the mirrored version of the room. A man was there in a army uniform. 

'She's coding' 

'Come on Laurel, don't do this too me' Mark said aloud ' starting compressions' 

'Someone page Addison, she should be out of surgery'

'20,21,22'

A singular line ran across the screen, the noise of breathlessness filled the air. 

'Oh god' Addison stood at the door. 

'Lexie go and tell CT we are coming up for a scan' 

'what the hell happened, did she get hit' 

'no she brought a little girl in an ambulance who'd got hit and then she collapsed in the middle of the E.R' Arizona said walking into the room. Addie walked to the edge of the bed and took my hand. 

'She's convulsing' 

' I think the lack of oxygen to her brain when she was strangled has caused her to have a lack of oxygen to the brain' Mark said as he spoke to the room, keeping his eyes remaind on the marks across my neck.

'Get me bandages, she has a bleeding laceration across her head' Addie said, a small quiet intern passed her the box. She slowly started to put a swab of betadine across the cut and bandaged the rest of my head. 

'got a pulse' the line began to move with the rhythm of my life. My eyes slowly opened. 

'Mom' 

'Your alright Rel' 

The CT room was a circular peice above my head, the tunnel felt chlostraphobic and I felt trapped. I closed my eyes so I couldn't feel it but I still could, maybe even with my family here I still felt alone, I still felt like my train had gone too fast all at once that I'd crashed because I forgot to look ahead at the future. 

They all stood behind the glass staring at me. 

'Where was she for the rest of the night, she can't have been with that little girl for more than an hour atleast' lexie said

'I have no idea'

'It's clear, no bleeding, she's fine'

'Thank god for that'

They wheeled me into Lawrences room.

'Laurel, what the hell happened'

'Saved a little girl and just collapsed from exhaustion' he pulled his hand up to my cheek, I leant in, he pulled me closer till we were a few inches apart. His kiss felt like sun on bare skin, his light radiated my soul.

Addie was stood by the door with Meredith.

'What the hell happened, I just got out of surgery.'

'She's fine, she lost oxygen to her brain but she's fine' 

Derek went to walk in. Meredith grabbed his arm.

'Leave her with him' he looked at her with respect and love, she admired the love that I,  Laurel shared with Law.

'What are those marks on your neck?' 

'Laurel, speak to me' I looked down.

'It was Charlie'

'He did this too you !' He sprang up in bed. I put my hand on his chest and pushed him back down.

'No his dad did, he thought I'd left Charlie, that I'd left him and to top it all off he thought I had taken money from his Father, Charlies grandfather. SO when he saw me, he decided to strangle me and then I went and danced in the rain and collapsed'

He started laughing. 

'Why are you laughing ?'

'Because after all that you went in the rain, It's just like you'

I smiled at him making light of the situation.

'but don't you still have the check in your bag'

'I do and I have never spent it on Aurora once'