14. TODAY DOES COUNT

"Harold Jenkins,"

"Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?"

Five downed the rest of the coffee before chugging the empty cup behind him. "I don't know... yet. But I do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him. And we have to do it now," he informed everyone.

Luther asked. "How is he connected to what's going on?"

"I don't know," answered Five.

"Wait, so you just know his name?" asked Diego. "That's it?"

"That's enough," retorted Five.

"There's probably dozens of Harold Jenkinses in the city," argued Diego.

"Well, we just better start looking, then,"

"I'm sorry. Am I the only one that's skeptical here?" cut in Allison. "I mean, how exactly do you know all of this about what's-his-name?" 

Elaina looked over to Five and saw him uncomfortably scrunch up his face while tugging his lower blazer forward, causing her to suspiciously narrow her eyes at him. 

Five furrowed his brows at his sister. "Harold Jenkins," he reiterated. "You know those lunatics in masks who attacked the house?"

"Oh, yeah, I think I remember those guys," Klaus sarcastically stated.

"Yeah, the ones that attacked us while you were getting drunk," joined Diego with a snide.

"Yeah. Them," replied Five pointedly, aware of his brother's jabs. "They were sent by the Temps Commission to stop me from coming back and preventing the end of life on Earth,"

"The Temps what?" asked Allison with her arms crossed.

"My former employer. They monitor all of time and space to make sure that whatever is supposed to happen... happens. They believe the apocalypse is coming in three days. So I went to Commission headquarters and intercepted a message that was meant for said lunatics. 'Protect Harold Jenkins'," he explained as he looked at everyone. "So he must be responsible for the apocalypse,"

The Hargreeves stood there in silence, absorbing all the information Five told before they began clamoring over each other, asking Five an array of questions. While they spoke, Five clenched his side and slightly gritted his teeth in subtle pain. Elaina witnessed it again and stood up, striding straight toward him.

"My skin is on fire," muttered Klaus to no one but himself as he wrapped his own arms around his frame.

Elaina eyed the boy. "Are you sure that you're fine?" she worriedly asked him.

He sighed and nodded, quickly flashing a forced smile in her direction without giving a verbal response.

"Do you have any idea how insane this sounds?" spoke Allison over all the voices.

"You know what else is insane?" snapped Five, pointing to himself bitterly. "I look like a 16-year-old boy," he pointed to Elaina. "She can turn invisible, Klaus talks to the dead and Luther thinks he's fooling everybody with that overcoat," Elaina looked over to Luther and shrugged her shoulders in agreement. "Everything about us is insane. It always has been,"

"He's got a point there," groaned Klaus from the couch.

"We didn't choose this life, we're just living it. For the next three days, anyway,"

"But last time we tried to stop it, we all died," said Allison. "Why is this time any different? Why shouldn't I go home to my daughter."

"Because this time, I'm here. We have the name of the man responsible," he explained. "Guys, we actually have the chance of saving the lives of billions of people. Including Claire," he expressed, directing his attention to Allison.