07. DON'T STOP ME NOW

Elaina groaned as she felt the morning light shine on her face. She stretched her arms and moaned as she threw the covers off of her. She looked over to her door and remembered last night. She ran her hand through her hair anxiously at the thought of Five asleep on the other side of it. 

Elaina pushed herself off the bed and grabbed her robe that hung on the door hook, throwing it on as she stepped out of her room. As she was tying the strings, she walked into the living room and saw that the blanket and pillow she left on the couch for Five were untouched. 

An indication that he certainly didn't stay the night.

"That son of a–" she huffed as she spun on her heels and went back to her room, slamming the door behind her.

The girl flung off her robe and took off her pajamas as she searched her closet. She ended up just throwing on a simple white spaghetti-string tank top with her leather jacket and some blank skinny jeans. She didn't even bother with the makeup but did opt for her black choker. 

She walked to her kitchen counter and searched all over for the car keys. When she couldn't locate them anywhere in her apartment a realization hit her. 

Elaina's eyes landed on the window. "He wouldn't," she stormed toward it and quickly saw that the car was no longer parked below. "He would, that asshole!" she snapped, grumbling when she pulled out her cell to call a taxi.

*~*~*~*

The moment the taxi dropped her off at the front gate, she ran inside. Elaina searched the lobby, the kitchen, and the sitting room, but didn't see a sign of Five. Elaina gritted her teeth and ran upstairs, figuring there was only one other place he would be.

"Five?" she shouted, running up to his room and slamming the door open. "What the hell?" she demanded once she finally found him.

He didn't flinch as he faced the window. "I'm sorry I left without saying goodbye," he said, turning around to face her.

"Yeah, after everything that happened last night," she crossed her arms. "A note would've been nice," Elaina heard a low snicker come from the wardrobe beside her and narrowed her eyes at it. "What the hell?" she went to open it.

"Elaina, I wouldn't–" Five held out his hand, but was too late. 

Elaina opened the wardrobe and Klaus spilled out of it.

She looked down at Klaus in shock before turning to Five and giving him an unimpressed look of annoyance. "Why is he hiding in your closet?"

"Elaina!" exclaimed Klaus, stumbling over the things that fell out of the wardrobe. "I've missed you! Aw," he clapped his hands under his chin as he looked between the two, and sighed happily. "Reunited at last. And after 'everything that happened last night,'?" he winked at the teens. "Sounds like someone made up!" nudging Elaina in the arm as he giggled.

Five's eyes widened as he looked away, scratching his head uncomfortably at the implication.

Her face heated up as she punched him in the arm. "Why do you think like this?!" she screeched.

"Ow!" whined Klaus as he rubbed his arm. "Well? What was I to think?"

She huffed and balled her fist like she was about to hit him again. Klaus flinched and screamed quickly. She shook her head at him and put down her fist.

Elaina's eyes then travel down Klaus's frame in confusion when she took in his attire. "What on Earth are you wearing?" she asked, seeing him in a patterned Asian-styled shirt with clashing red trimming and frills and his pair of leather pants that had slits down the sides. "Going somewhere?"