03. DADDY KILLER

Elaina lay on the sofa with her legs swung over the armrest. Cherry Bomb by The Runaways played in her ears as she observed her siblings begin to file in and take up the vacant seats in the sitting area. Some carried glasses of brown liquor while others were empty-handed. 

Apparently, Luther had called for a family meeting to talk about the current situation.

With a sigh, Elaina pressed pause on her MP3 player and removed her headphones so she could pay attention. Noticing Klaus wasn't among the sitting, Elaina lifted her head up to see him pouring up a couple of glasses of scotch. Laying her head back down, the girl didn't bother to adjust her position as she remained with her legs up while directing her gaze toward her blonde brother.

"So," Luther started off, standing front and center. "I figured we could have a sort of memorial service in the courtyard at sundown. Say a few words, just at Dad's favorite spot,"

Elaina couldn't help but make a face at this statement. "Favorite spot?"

"Dad had a favorite spot?" questioned Allison as well, equally confused.

"You know, under the oak tree," he stated matter-of-factly, noticing everyone's lost expressions. "We used to sit out there all the time. None of you ever did that?"

"We weren't his favorite," remarked Elaina, swinging her legs forward so she could sit properly on the sofa now.

Luther obviously didn't appreciate the comment and gave her a hard look, to which she responded back with a cheeky smile.

"Will there be any refreshments?" came Klaus from around the corner,  balancing two glasses of scotch in one hand while he held a joint in the other. "Teas? Scones? Cucumber sandwiches are always a winner," he voiced, handing the second cup to Elaina as she accepted it without a thought.

With everything going on, she needed a drink.

"What? No," spluttered Luther before seeing the smoking floating around Klaus. "And put that out. Dad didn't allow smoking in here,"

Klaus scoffed while he took the seat next to Elaina. As she took a sip of her drink, the brunette did a double-take once she realized that Klaus decided to change the bottom portion of his outfit.

"The hell are you wearing?" she commented, gaining the attention of the room.

"Is that my skirt?" exclaimed Allison, instantly recognizing the flowy fabric.

"What?" he looked down before smirking. "Oh, yeah, this. I found it in your room. It's a little dated, I know, but it's very breathey on the bits," he said, shamelessly motioning toward his crotch.

Elaina snorted, slamming her hand over her mouth to keep the scotch from coming out. 

Luther couldn't take it anymore. "Listen up. Still some important things that we need to discuss, alright?"

"Like what?" asked Diego from his chair in the corner.

"Like the way he died," expressed Luther, slightly turning to glance at the knife-wielder.

"And here we go," muttered Diego.

"I don't understand," voiced Vanya, her forehead wrinkling in question. "I thought they said he died of a heart attack,"

"Yeah, according to the coroner," boldly inferred Luther. 

"Well, wouldn't they know?" she questioned with good reason.

"Theoretically,"

Elaina looked at the man with a raised brow. "Theoretically, what?" 

"I'm just saying, at the very least, something happened," declared Luther ominously. "The last time I talked to Dad, he sounded strange,"