Batch 47

On the way to Minneapolis we stop in a department store to pick up supplies and get new clothes. I go off with Addy so we can have some alone time and pick out new clothes. I've missed this we haven't had any good girl time in a while.

"So, how are you holding up?" I ask her as we pick through the clothes.

"There's good days and bad days, ya know?" She asked and I nod. "But I'm just trying to get through it one day at a time."

"Try these on." I say tossing her some jeans and a tee shirt. We're talking about Mack. I miss him a lot and I can't even imagine what she's going through. I don't know if I could be as strong as her if something happened to Tommy.

"So, how are things with you and 10k? You guys done the deed yet?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively and I blush.

"No!" I exclaimed in embarrassment and she laughs at the deep red blush that becomes blatantly apparent across my face.

"Here, try these on." She says tossing me a pair of black leather pants and a white muscle tee that fits nicely under my army jacket.

"Really?" I ask and she winks at me.

I quickly change after finding a new bra and some underwear. I will say the clothes she picked out for me do make me look hot. Feeling this good about my appearance during the apocalypse isn't something that happens often. Seriously, I go months on end without showers and am constantly caked in dirt, blood, and grime. To say the least I don't feel very attractive the majority of the time but hey it's the apocalypse. Survival is my number one priority not something as trivial as how I look.

"Oh hon you look drool worthy." She says to me and I roll my eyes shoving her slightly.

"Oh my god, Addy, look." I say with wide eyes as I hold up an unopened box of super tampons. It may not seem like much but these things are like gold in the apocalypse. Yeah it's nice to have pads here and there but tampons, especially the super ones, are perfect for running from z's.

"Holy shit! Are those real?" She asked taking the box from me before calling over Warren.

"What's going on? Are you two ok?" Warren asked concern filling her eyes as she made her way over to us. I just grinned and held up the box of tampons for her to see.

"Dena, you must have come from the gods!" Warren exclaimed excitedly as she pulled me into a side hug and we all laugh before making our way back to the guys.

"Why are you three so chipper?" Tommy asked and I smirk at the look on his face when Addy says I found tampons. Even in the apocalypse periods still make guys uncomfortable.

Not long after we are back on the road again. We found a semi functional pick up truck along the side of the road and it should get us to the green houses. Warren is driving with Addy in shotgun as Vasquez and Doc take the back seat. That leaves Tommy and me in the bed of the truck alone. It's nice getting to relax back here in his arms as we watch the lush farm lands and rolling hills pass us by.

"You know we haven't really heard from Citizen Z since the nukes. I wonder if he's ok." I say absentmindedly as I fiddled with a radio. There haven't been as many broadcasts from him either. Mostly it's been radio silence. Suddenly garbled voices in Spanish come over the radio and my eyes widened.

"I'm sure he's ok. It's the apocalypse people lose touch." Tommy shrugged and I quickly shushed him as I held the radio closer to my ear. The signal is faint but I can barely make out the words before we move out of range.

"Damn, I don't know who was talking but they were saying someone was spotted in Minnesota. Hopefully they mean Murphy." I sighed as I put the radio back in my bag. "I'm sorry for shushing you. I didn't mean to sound mean."