[1] binoculars

2018 - 03AZ

Operation Bitemark Rendezvous Point

Sleepy Hollow, New York

[][][][][][]

Pasadena crouched behind the concrete barrier that protected her from falling off the edge of the tall building. When she dared to peek her head over the edge the slight breeze tousled the bright red flyaways from her twin braids. This morning it was her turn to scavenge for supplies. Like usual there wasn't much for her to find. However, this morning she noticed an unfamiliar blue pickup truck on the outskirts of town.

That isn't to say she was super familiar with this area. The redheaded girl was actually a native Californian. When the zombie apocalypse began Pasadena had been competing in a karate competition here in New York City. Since then she hasn't left the state. That had probably been two or three years ago. It was hard to tell. All the days seemed to bleed together in the apocalypse.

"I count seven of them," The boy sitting next to her spoke up. He lowered the binoculars from his bright green eyes before handing them to the redheaded girl. Pasadena nodded as she accepted them before taking a look for herself.

Normally, Pasadena preferred to survive by herself. Making connections or getting attached to other people was a liability in the apocalypse. But Ten-Thousand had saved her life nearly a month ago and he was resourceful she had to admit. Despite how quiet he naturally was she enjoyed the small amount of companionship he offered. Plus, there were benefits to having another person around. She no longer had to worry about being attacked in her sleep. She'd be lying if she said it wasn't nice to have someone there to watch her back.

"I count eight," Pasadena noted before she began to list off everyone she saw, "Four went inside. Three guys and a woman. Four just returned from around back. A younger guy, an older fellow, and two women."

"Copy that. That girl with dark hair wasn't with them when I first looked," Ten-K responded as he looked through the scope of his sniper rifle.

"What do you think they're doing here?" Pasadena wondered aloud.

With a bored yawn, she lowered the binoculars and turned to lean against the concrete wall. He was still crouched above her and his lean body blocked the bright rays of the sun that would have irritated her dark eyes. Even though he wasn't looking at her Pasadena took a moment to study him. From this angle, the sun created a silhouette effect around him which made it seem like he was glowing.

"Not sure, this place was overrun weeks ago," Ten-K responded in a low voice.

"One of the guys who went inside the school was wearing an Army uniform. Maybe this was like a rendevous point or something. Comms in the apocalypse suck. They may not have even known that this place fell," Pasadena rambled aloud. That was the thing about her and Ten-K, they complimented each other. She tended to ramble on and on about nothing and he tended to be a man of few words. They just worked like that. "Do you think we should go check them out?