Philly Feast

"Godbless the human race. 99% of them are dead but there is still one jackass alive with a spray can." Doc says as we stop in Philadelphia.

He is talking about the Liberty Bell that is strapped on a rig behind a van. Warren is checking to see if we can jumpstart the car so the rest of us don't have to keep riding in the bed of the pickup truck. When she opens the driver side door a z immediately lunges at her but I quickly killed it using 10k's slingshot. She gives me a salute and I nod at her. The guys get the car started so we all load up.

"We aren't seriously going to California with that Murphy guy are we?" Cassandra asked as we drove down the road. Doc is driving the pickup with 10k in the front next to him and me in the back next to Cassandra.

"That's the plan." Doc says.

"That's crazy. what's so special about him anyways?" She asked.

"His blood." Doc says and before she can respond something causes Warren to swerve and the Liberty Bell flies off of the back of the rig. The bell tumbles and continues to roll down hill smushing any zombies in its path. "Oh I'd pay to see that again!"

"Zombie kill of the week?" I lean forward and ask 10k with a grin. He turns around and grins at me before nodding and saying,

"Zombie kill of the week."

"What's zombie kill of the week?" Doc asked as he scoots over so Warren can drive.

"It's something Ten and I came up with about a month ago. It gives us something to look forward to each week. Once we dropped an anvil on a zombie from a window like they do in the cartoons!" I laugh and 10k grins at the memory.

"Wait how long have you guys known each other?" Warren asked.

"We met when that supply camp was set up back in New York about a month ago. We've been sticking together ever since." I say and they all nod. A little while later, after driving farther into the city we stop to rest and to check our supplies.

"How much food do we have left?" Garnett asked. Everyone checks their stuff and comes up empty handed. There is a groan that goes around the group when they realize we are out of food.

"Oh wait!" I exclaim and run to get my backpack from the pick up truck.

"What you got there, little lady?" Doc asked me as I returned to the group with a grin.

"I totally forgot but before we left New York I found an entire box of twinkies!" I exclaimed and pulled the crushed box out of my bag.

"And you've just been sitting on them?" Doc asked with a laugh and I shrug.

"I was saving them for a special occasion." I say innocently.

"Well after the Liberty Bell I'd say today is pretty special." Addy laughs and I toss her a twinkie. There is enough in the box for everyone to have one.

As 10k is savoring his twinkie by taking small little bites. Murphy leans over and asks if he was going to eat it. 10k smirks and shoves the whole thing in his mouth which makes Murphy call him a selfish little bastard and that causes me to laugh.

After we eat Addy and Mack go to look for a radio. Doc, 10k, Cassandra, and I go to look for food. Murphy, Warren and Garnett go the other way. We walk along the road and pretty much everything has been picked over. I remember Cassandra mentioned something about spending Black Summer here. From what she told us it was pretty rough.

"Ten, can I ask you a question?" I asked as we walked side by side down the sidewalk. Cassandra and Doc are a few paces behind us.

"Sure, as long as it isn't anything too deep like, what's your favorite color?" He joked and I looked up at him with surprised eyes.