In the middle of the crowd and where the leader of the pack was standing in front of sat the pinkette they were looking for. Sakura's expression was completely blank. Of course, her teammates could not see properly from above, but she did not look unconscious to them, so it was rather weird that she did not show any sign of fighting back.

Both of them activated their kekkei genkai and Sasuke used a hand signal to inform Neji that she was under a genjutsu. The Hyuga nodded and did a twirl with his finger and pointed to himself; then, he pointed a finger to Sasuke which then directed to Sakura. He was ordering Sasuke to save Sakura while he distract the ninjas. The Uchiha understood and nodded.

Neji turned to the tiger-nins who were standing above the thin rocks in their cub size. He motioned for them to come to him and jumped into the open space.

His appearance startled each and every one of them.

The cubs had already transformed and started to attack the rogue ninjas, careful not to harm Sakura. Sumire shot her crystals while Aka made several spots explode which ultimately caused the cave to become unstable. The surprise attack certainly did not give the rogue ninjas any time to think or prepare, so they were a mess.

"Sumire!" Neji called while unsheathing his katanas.

She headed for his direction and trapped the ninjas who were in front of him in her crystals; although, some of them managed to escape.

"Water Release: Water Slicer!"

He moved his katana in quick motions, almost like a dance. Thin layers of water formed on it in a larger size and sliced his opponents cleanly.

Admist all that chaos, Sasuke landed in front of Sakura.

"Release."

Her eyes came back to life as she was taken back to reality. She groaned in pain and grabbed her throbbing head. When she looked up, she saw a blur figure but it slowly cleared up to show an Uchiha standing in front of her with a worried face.

He bent down and placed a gentle hand on her head, "Are you okay?"

"Yes, thank you for saving me." She smiled and looked around, but it quickly faltered when she saw her teammate fought in exhaustion.

Sakura's hand reached to her back to grab her sword, but it wasn't there. She looked around and finally found it right next to her, on the floor. Chakra flowed into the sword and made it spark in electricity.

A hand grabbed her arm and pulled her away. It was Sasuke. A ninja tried to trap her in his shadow jutsu, but the Uchiha heir was quick to notice it. Sakura nodded at him in appreciation and started to swing her large sword at the rogue ninjas.

Sasuke took out his katana and fire emitted from it. The bright flames would stretch like a whip at his will and burn his opponents like barbecue.

Compared to the fight from before, this was more serious. The boys had suffered the fear of losing the pinkette even though it was just for awhile, but it managed to charge their determination while the heiress was motivated by their aggressiveness. Even their tiger-nins could feel their burning emotions and fought harder along their side.

==

Dedicated to Saku-chan715 for your active votes!

Ugh.. Boring chapter. I'm sorry. I'm trying not to change too much from the previous version, only changing and adding very necessary parts to make them not too ooc, filling up the plot hole and giving a preview of the second season.

Remember to leave a comment! It really makes my day no matter how short it is. Even just a simple "hahaha" would make me happy.

I love to hear your responses on the story!

~Joelle

Published: December 2014Rewritten: 3 June 2018

Rewritten: 3 June 2018