Chapter 27

The Jounin team purchased tickets to cross the Kaizoku Sea, the sea they literally just crossed from the Land of Honey. This time, their transport was not as opulent as the gozabune they rode in before. But it was fairly large. The godairikisen was used as the only transport to cross the ocean. Luckily for them, there weren't many civilians in the boat because it was rather late in the evening.

After travelling by boat for long hours, it almost made them seasick. It was the second time of the day to sit in the boat while being pushed back and forth; only, the waves were much rougher in the night. They sat on the floor and laid their heads on the wooden wall, their head thumping on it when waves come crashing. It made sleeping impossible.

Even their tiger-nins were cuddling with each other in a corner, clearly feeling unwell. They could barely eat in the boat and it worried the team. The cubs were left untouched in fear it would trigger something in them. Sleep was what they need to keep themselves distracted from the motions.

Sakura walked out to the back of the boat in exasperation. The luminescent crescent moon was reflected on the uneven surface of the sea. She stared at it while pondering about the eccentric behavior of her father. It gave her an unsettling feeling in the pit of her stomach, a bad omen.

Silent footsteps headed toward the pinkette; it was the Hyuga clan's heir. She turned around at his presence.

"Is something bothering you?" He asked.

She turned around to face the sparkling ocean again. "No."

"You're not a good liar." He stood next to her and watched the stars of the sea.

"Then why do you ask." She retorted sharply.

"I am simply worried, Sakura." This time, he was facing her.

She hung her head and sighed, "It's nothing for you to worry about."

Neji took her hands in his and said, "We are a team, Sakura. It's only natural that we would care for each other." She looked up at him. "I understand if you don't want to talk about it, but Sasuke and I will always be here for you."

They gazed into each other eyes for a moment; emerald and lavender. Each held their own emotions. The boy was full of concern and love and the hope for her to depend on him. The girl was touched and appreciated him very much. But she could not understand the feelings she held in her heart.

Finally, Sakura replied breathlessly. "Okay."

The Hyuga smiled, just a little bit.

Suddenly, the boat shook a little too vigorously that it almost knocked Sakura off into the water. The heir was quick to grab her by the waist and pulled her further into the boat. Water splashed over them as they tried to stand firm. The couple was wet from head to toe.

Sasuke and Kakashi ran out to see their soaked teammates, following after them were the few civilians who were curious as to what had happened. They began to panic as the boat rocked aggressively, sending them from side to side. The tiger-nins ran out and transformed into their larger form.

They sensed danger. A danger that shouldn't be taken lightly.

The three tigers roared loudly and Kakashi yelled, "Jump into the water!"

The trio saw what was coming and pushed the civilians who were close to them into the ocean. The tigers pushed the rest of them into the ocean even though they hated water. There were a total of eight civilians including the operators of the godaisirikisen. Fire shurikens attacked the boat out of nowhere and set it into bright flames which contrasted the dark blue night. A water dragon rose from the water and aimed at the pinkette. Being in the water was a disadvantage because it prevents her from moving quickly. She faced the blow and was sent a few feet into the sea. She let out a gasp from the strong impact and immediately realised her mistake.