Chapter 32

Neji used his Eight Trigram Palms Revolving Heaven, where an immense amount of chakra are released from the user's chakra points to block any attacks from the outside. To put it simply, it's a rotation of the user's chakra which acts as a shield. The insects of the man from the Aburame clan were tossed away when they came close to the shield. Although his efforts were futile, he knew the heir of the Hyūga clan had to stop in one way or another. It was impossible to keep up with the technique for a long period of time.

Suddenly, the rogue ninjas started to evacuate which caused confusion within the group. The team from Konoha gathered right after the shinobis retreat, but what they found later was terrifying.

Sakura was missing, but Sumire was still here.

"Where's Sakura?" Neji asked in panic with his Byakugan quickly scanning the venue. They were alarmed and immediately searched the area.

"She's kidnapped!" Shikamaru concluded. "They wouldn't have left otherwise."

Sumire roared and even though they could not understand animal language, they could feel her worry. They felt the same way, and furious.

Sasuke grunted, "We have to save her!" He began to head towards the rogue ninjas were heading and the white tigress followed suit.

"Stop, Sasuke! Sumire!" Kakashi ordered.

They looked back at the silverette with cold glares.

"They are too strong and this is a serious matter. We must report this to the Hokage." He explained, but they wouldn't accept it.

"As much as I would like to save Sakura, they truly are prodigies and we would need reinforcements to beat them." Shikamaru added.

Sasuke was about to protest, but Neji stood behind him and stopped him. "Alright."

The Uchiha widened his eyes at his teammate, bewildered by his agreement. He growled, "How could you?"

When Neji turned his head to the ravenette, he seemed to understood everything and calmed down. They efforts in working on their teamwork was not for nothing.

Sasuke heaved a breath and whispered, "Fine."

While Kakashi and Shikamaru took the lead, the other two followed behind. Both of them did a shadow clone and masked their chakra; then, they quickly followed the traces of the rogue ninjas in silence, not wanting to alarm their mentor and the brainiac. The tiger-nins followed the real bodies of the adolescents.

Once they were a far distance away, they picked up their pace and sped faster toward the pinkette's captors. It was near sunset when they spotted a cave made out of large stones piled on top of each other. They expected to see some ninjas guarding the location, but none was seen and none was sensed. Perhaps it was their excitement or finally retrieving the girl of the Trio Prodigies that made them careless. It was their obsession that became their biggest flaw, and it worked very well for the heirs who were circling the area.

They carefully slipped inside the cave through the little cracks and made sure not to make a single sound. The rogue ninjas were gathered in an open area, but it was not big enough to fit all of them, so it was cramped. Sasuke and Neji were on the so called 'roof' of the cave, but really they were just huge rocks supported by more rocks. On top of them were thinner rocks that hid the cave from plain sight. Those rocks were covered in moss and had plants growing over them which camouflaged with the greeneries around the cave.