Chapter 24

After two years of intense training with the tiger-nins and their teamwork, the trio have improved their skills in every aspect tremendously. They seek help from clans who fight alongside animal-nins to understand animals better and to fight efficiently with them. It's safe to say that they have surpassed the legendary Sannins or at least, are on par with them.

However, the people believe with their excellent teamwork and their fierce companions, they are an undefeatable trio. The variety of ninja art is a huge plus in their resume.

All three of them have gotten themselves specially designed weapons. Sasuke owns a twin blade because of his ability to use both hands; Neji owns a standard katana because his strongest point is still his clan's secret technique. Sakura has a large sword designed for her, a one of a kind sword that generates lightning in between the separated blades.

In a short span of two years, they have achieved the Jounin rank, elite Jounins. The 5th Hokage had offered them the position of an ANBU captain given their skills and leadership, plus their ability to keep calm and observe a battle in great detail. Although they are admired by everyone, the upper level ninjas were worried. Because at each stage of them becoming strong and known ninjas, it only further convince them to be the Trio Prodigies.

Along the years, Neji and Sasuke had hinted their feelings for the pinkette, but Sakura was confused about her feelings. She could not understand the feeling of love, she had no idea how it feels like. She enjoys their company and feels a warm happiness bubbling in her stomach in their presence. She could not tell apart love from appreciation. As long as the boys have yet to bring it up, or she is forced to choose, she will avoid the issue.

There were people who supports her relationship with Neji, but there were also people who wants to see her with Sasuke. Seeking advice from a third party would only push her deeper into her dilemma.

She sighed as she stared into the sky from her room. As much as she would like to not hurt her head with such an issue, she can't help but think about it all the time. She wants to sort out her feelings, so she wouldn't lead any of them on.

Among the trio, the heiress was the one who changed the most. She had matured, but she became someone who prioritises power and responsibility. Her father had pressured her and lecturers her about the appropriate behaviour of a noble clan's heiress. The experiences of being powerless back then acted as a catalyst which led her to become an ice cube. However, she loosens herself just a little bit around her teammates and Shikamaru.

The air around her spells elegance and nobility. Sometimes, it makes it hard for others to go close to her. She gives off an aura of superiority so strongly that even in the streets, the villagers would make way for her.

A pink-haired female alpha.

A Haruno knocked on her door. "Sakura-hime, your team is here to see you."

"Bring them to the guest room." She ordered before heading over to the door.

Before she arrived in the guest room, the heiress stopped by the kitchen and informed the house maid to prepare some tea. She entered the room with the aura of a true heiress, her stance was flawless in every way. Even though she is comfortable with her teammates, in her household where eyes and ears are everywhere, she must live up more strictly to her reputation.

Her teammates were already comfortably seated around the table. She joined them and asked, "Good morning. May I help you?"

Before Kakashi could reply, a maid entered the room after knocking on the door. She brought in a tray with a pot of freshly brewed cherry tea. She set up some tea cups and poured the tea for the guests and the heiress. The maid left the room without a word.