Though they weren't coming until tomorrow night, we were busy in the day so it was better to be prepared.

I left Jasper's duvet in Elijah's room, not sure how to tackle the situation right now because we did have to wash it soon, but I figured things were too up in the air right now to be pushy. He was still very new to the family, so if it eased his anxiety right now then that was good.

"Goodnight," he said, walking straight into me as he came downstairs.

"Did you enjoy the film?"

"Yeah,"

"Okay. How do you feel about going to the beach tomorrow?"

"I told mum already that it's fine," he said, attitude dripping through his words.

"Okay... I was only asking bud,"

"I know,"

"Then why did you think it was okay to speak back like that?"

"I dunno,"

"Well you have a think about that then," I said, kissing his head, "Goodnight bud, I love you,"

He shut his door and I went upstairs, finding Crystal practically passed out already. Deciding to trust Elijah for the night, I laid beside her and gave her attention until she fell asleep, meaning she was safe so I could sleep too.

But to say she was so tired last night, she definitely wasn't in the morning. By the time I cooked breakfast, she'd already packed for the beach, convinced Cal and Kaykay to come early and eat with us, and hung up new decorations in Cameron's room.

Elijah had wandered through and apologised to me, then helped me cook while she ran around. No matter what we said, she wasn't being convinced to stop.

"Dad, is it going to be hot at the beach?"

"Probably, yeah. We got you some shorts though,"

"I know... it's just... my leg hair isn't very noticeable and I really want it to be if I'm wearing shorts,"

"How noticeable would you like it to be? I've finished puberty so mine would look different to yours or Jasper's,"

"I want it like yours,"

"Keep growing it out and see if that helps," I said, kissing his head, "If it helps at all, none of us will particularly be looking at your legs, not many people will,"

"I will have to wear them otherwise it will be too hot... and it's summer now,"

"We can take some jeans incase you feel too uncomfortable, don't worry about that bud, okay?"

"Thankyou,"

Kaykay and Calum arrived and we took all the food to the table, Crystal finally sitting down beside Kaykay.

Surprisingly, Elijah sat beside Calum, but I wasn't complaining, and we all filled our plates with food. It was rare that we found time to eat together as friends- other than lunch at work- so that was nice too.

"So, are you excited to have more company?" Calum said, "All of you,"

"Mum won't stop fussing,"

"Hey," she giggled, "I'm only trying to be organised,"

After breakfast, Elijah and I both got dressed and ready, and I took note of the time to make sure we returned in time for him to take his binder off. Plus, we had to be back in time to set back off for the kids.

"Dad, can you see anything? I think there's some hair,"

"That's looking pretty good ay? You look great,"