13

Elijah

"That was such a good movie," I said, smiling as we got into the car, "Thankyou guys for today. You have no idea how it's made me feel,"

Inside, I was warm, and content. I felt accepted. Loved. Wanted.

And I was excited.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it, and had a good day. It was really nice to spend some time with you,"

"I feel a bit better about your friends,"

"Good, if you ever get sick of us then you can hang out with them," dad chuckled, "Ash will still be at home if you want to chat with him,"

"Okay,"

When we got home, I took my clothes up to my room, finding Lauren asleep in my bed. I chuckled and shook her awake, making her roll and reach out.

"Mummy,"

"It's Elijah,"

"Elijah,"'

Gently, I lifted her up and she clung onto me, so I hugged her and let her wake up in my hold.

"Sorry, your bed is nice,"

"That's okay," I laughed, "Did you just leave Ash on his own?"

"I came to find a good pillow and slept,"

"Oh right, mummy is home now,"

I took her downstairs and passed her to mum, leaning into dad's side as he spoke to Ashton.

"And how are you today?" he asked me.

"Good,"

"You're enjoying it here huh?"

"Yeah, especially having siblings. It's different than being in a group home,"

"We're gonna decorate your room soon," dad said, "Ash brought you a new duvet cover,"

"For me?"

"Yeah," dad chuckled, "They often seem to make new kids happy,"

"That's because we never get our own special duvet, duh. Thankyou,"

Chuckling, Ash gave me a hug and pat my back, then I decided to hang all my new clothes up; I did that and heard Ashton leave.

"Jasper is staying at grandma and grandad's house," Lauren said, wandering in my room, "Let's be brothers,"

"You wanna hang out huh?"

"Yes,"

"Okie dokie, what shall we do?"

"Cuddle!"

A smile crept onto my face and she crawled onto my bed, curling into my side as I laid next to her.

"I'm happy, you are staying,"

"Yeah. Is it always nice here?" I asked, squeezing her tightly.

"Yes! No shouty,"

"No shouting?"

"Yes, no mean words to each other,"

"You guys don't argue?"

"No because they don't love- because they too much- because,"

"Because we love you too much," mum said, appearing at the door, "Are you two okay?"

"We are being brothers,"

"Ohhhh so you're hanging out like Jasper and Elijah? Brothers and sisters hang out too! So do boys and girls,"