Chapter 5

Lily's P.O.V

After washing my hands I walked down stairs and took my seat at the dining room table. Next to me sat my mother and across from me sat Caden. On the table there was Mac and cheese, turkey, stuffing, wheat rolls, and greens; in the middle of the table there's lemonade and a glass at each persons seat.
"Caden's father will be down in a bit then we can eat." I looked up at Caden who seems to have his mind else where.
"Well um this all looks good." My mother smiles at that, seems like she likes when i talk to her. Caden looks up to look at me and I look back, he must think he's scaring someone he should smile more.
"Sorry I had to handle that call." So this must be Caden's father, my mother's husband. He walked over to my mother and kissed her cheek, then took a  seat next to Caden.
"Son how are you?" Caden looks towards his father than looks back to me.
"Have you met Lily dad, this is Marie's daughter."
Caden's father looks to me and assess me, ok this is weird.
"Yes, I've herd so much about you from your mom; my name is Vince, but you can call me what you feel comfortable with." I shook my head and gave a little smile.
"Well since where all here and you've met Lily, let's eat this wonderful dinner I have prepared."
I said a prayer to myself and put me some food on my plate, its good and all but grandmas cooking is better. Another thing that I noticed is that Vince doesn't have an Italian accent like Caden does. He must get it from his mother.
I finished my food and took my plate to the kitchen, I got me a bottle of water out the fridge and stood against the counter top gulping it down. And man is it good.
"Thirsty much." What the fuck.
" holy— shit. Why are you so quit. I could've died." I glared at him. Doesn't he know not to scare people who's drinking a liquid.
"That mouth of yours is going to get you in trouble Lily." Who the hell does he think he's threatening, sure as hell not me. I walked near him and stopped right on the side of him.
"Well then I guess I'll just be in trouble, Caden." I walked tot he trash and threw my bottle away and walked out the kitchen and to my room.
I think I'll go night swimming, water helps me relax.
I went into my closet and pulled out my pink 2 piece.
My father got it for me the month before before he passed, but I'm wearing it now for the first time. I went into my bathroom and put the bathing suit on, I did a little turn in the mirror and let me just say I look good. I grabbed a towel and rapped it around me and headed downstairs to the backyard. When I got outside I took the towel from around and I ran and dived in the pool I swam around for about 20 minutes before I got out and sat in the jacuzzi.
"I wish you where here dad to see how good I'm doing." I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I heard someone else getting in the jacuzzi, guess who? Its that fucking Caden.
"And to what do I owe for your company." I like messing with him.
"Your body." What the hell