Chapter 1

As I was packing up my room I started thinking about all the things I would miss about being in Colorado. I wish I didn't have to go, but I understand change is good. A lot of times I ask my self why did my dad have to leave me so soon, he was my bestfriend. When my mom left us 13 years ago it was hard, it took my dad a while to bounce back.

I wasn't mad at my mom because, if you don't love someone you just don't love them. How could I be mad.
"Honey." My Nana called from the door way. See my Nana lives with me and my dad because the house was big and we just felt like having her around it just felt complete, that was until my dad passed away a about 2 months back. It's not a day that goes by that I don't miss him, but having my Nana still with me made it easier.
"Yes, Nana." I hope this isn't a speech, seeing how she loves to give them to me.
"I just wanted to tell you that even though you haven't seen your mom in years, that you need to remember she's still your mother and you need to respect her as so. Ok?"
"Aren't I always respectful Nana? It'll be fine I'll be respectful and by the way she'll be here in 10 so I gotta finish Nana ok." I understand that I could be difficult but she has to understand I'm 18 and will be 19 in 6 months. Everything will be ok.
15 minutes later...
"Nana, please don't cry I'll be all good." I hate when she cry's. It's just sad to her like that.
"I'll call you when we get to her house, and I'll call you every week I promise Nana." I'll have to mark my calendar for that one I am forgetful sometimes hehe.
"Lily I love you so much and I'm proud of you for being able to continue with your life and make good on your word little one." I was happy to see her smile even though I knew she was sad she still was happy for me. That is enough to brighten my day.
As I walked down the stairs on the house I grew up in I took a deep breath and looked at what was ahead as a new start. There on the curb stood a lady who looked to be in her late forties with a bright smile on her face. She has Carmel skin and looks to be about 5'8 and I guess I'm gonna have to call this lady Mother. Mmmm nah it doesn't sound right.
"Oh my gosh! Hi, you look so beautiful, wow so big and just you look like, like your-."  I had to cut her of the last thing I need to here from anyone was "you like your father" or "you like your Mom" it's just annoying.
"Nice to meet you to Ma'am, and thank you for the compliment." I held smiled and held out my hand i don't really want to hug, not yet.
"Oh don't be silly, give me a hug and you can call me mom ok?" She pulled me into a hug. It felt weird but I wasn't trying to be rude but then again I'm still not ready to call her mom
"Right and um how far is the drive if you don't mind me asking." I just wanted to know if I would be drawing or listening to music.
"Well it's about 3 hours away but we can spend that time bonding and getting to know each other, ya know." Here we go. Man this is gonna be a along ride.

A/N
This chapter was a bit long but I just wanted let y'all know her situation so that there isn't any confusion. Also please keep in mind that this is my first book.😊