Chapter 19 || New Life

Start from the beginning

I climbed into the dress and smiled in the mirror as I wore the jewelry. My hair was curled before I had gotten on the plane.

It was a black silk dress that fell to my ankles, hugging my frame snug. The dress was loose, falling down my legs and had a slit down the side, exposing my leg as I walked. There was a deep V down the middle of my chest. Two inch straps crossed my back, thinning out to spaghetti straps when they reached the front. There had been a golden strip along the waist.

I took the black mask with golden ribbons on either side to tie the mask to my face.

I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said and turned around to see Anatoly in a suit, with a mask, covering both his eyes and half his face.

"прекрасный. (Beautiful.)" He muttered as he marveled at me.

I gave a smug smile and took his hand as he offered it out.

"They wait for us." He remarked and I walked right next to him down to a limo waiting for us.

Anatoly sat across from me and his men followed, one sitting next to me and the other sitting next to Anatoly.

The man sitting next to me handed me a suitcase and I placed it on my lap, opening it to reveal my knives, guns and the necklace.

I smiled to Anatoly as he remembered to prepare my favorite weaponized necklace.

It was a black pearl necklace with two activation buttons on specific pearls that only activate when both my fingerprints are pressed against them. There were strong magnets on both sides of the necklace and they connected when I wrapped it around me neck.

I hid two knives behind the straps crossing my back, and one more in the small of my back, hidden and lined along the golden strap around my waist.

I grabbed a gun holster, attaching it around my thigh, hidden behind the dress and put a gun in the holster.

"Here." Anatoly held his hand out and I rested my hand in his as he wrapped a black pearl bracelet around my wrist. It looked similar to my necklace.

"Aw Anatoly!" I quietly exclaimed as I awed at the shiny pearls.

"Point your wrist to your opponent and activate it by making a fist. The bracelet will feel that and shoot an electroshock dart to your opponent. It will shock them for a few moments." Anatoly explained.

"Is it endless amounts?" I asked.

"You have the number of pearls there are." He pointed to my bracelet and I counted them.

There were fifteen pearls.

"We're here." The driver said and I glanced out the window. There were large lights shining on the building, making it glow above all the other buildings for at least a three mile radius.

The men climbed out of the limo first, holding the door open for me. Anatoly followed after me out of the car.

I heard the quiet rumble of people's voices, laughs and music.

I hugged Anatoly's arm with my hand and walked up the stairs, his men following behind us.

Anatoly and I split, knowing our objectives.

Though just under 21, I grabbed a champagne glass from a waiter who was walking past everyone.

I glanced around the room, trying to identify my targets behind their masks.

They were all difficult to identify at first, but Anatoly and I didn't know how many would be there, whether it was all or a little.

I watched as a woman left the area through an entrance to a hallway.