chapter 8

I was trying to fly but I couldn't find wings
But you came along and you changed everything

You lift my feet off the ground
You spin me around
You make me crazier crazier
Feels like I'm falling and I'm lost in your eyes
You make me crazier crazier crazier.
----------------------------

It had been three days since Shawn and Camila had confessed that they liked each other. And since then they had shared kisses here and there and had a couple of make out sessions.

Shawn had decided to ask Camila out for a date today and if all went well, he'd ask Camila to officially be his girlfriend.

"Umm hey Camila I was asking if you'd...um." Shawn said nervously scratching the back of his neck.
Camila raised her eyebrows ," What is it Shawn?"
"Um Camila willyougooutwithme? Please."
"Shawn first of all calm down and secondly I didn't get a word besides will and please." She said giggling softly.

He let out a slow breath before trying again. "Um what I was asking was that if you'd like to go on a date with me..you can totally say n-"
"I'd love too. Also you're cute when you're nervous." Camila said giving him a soft smile. Shawn blushed at the mention of being cute.
"Okay. So is how about 8?"
"8 is perfect."

It was already 6:30 and Camila had yet to decide what to wear. She was determined to look good. After some more searching up her closet she found the perfect outfit for her date.

 After some more searching up her closet she found the perfect outfit for her date

Camila applied some light makeup, liner and some gloss.
••••••••••••••
Shawn visibly gulped at the sight of Camila, dressed in a white top and a skirt ,the skirt barely reaching her knees, which made Shawn's knees weak.
"Wow you look....ethereal." Shawn said still astonished by her beauty. Camila blushed and bit her lower lip.
"You don't look so bad yourself." She said.

They had decided to just walk to the restaurant, thier hands interwined. Shawn would look at Camila from time to time, he didn't want to act like a pervert but he just couldn't stop looking at her." Okay now you're making me blush." Camila said giggling.
"It's not my fault, you're the one who decided to look this good." He said chuckling. Camila just smiled at him and koala-ed his arm even more.

Their date went better than expected. They stopped by Shawn's favourite ice cream truck. They both took waffle cones, Shawn took classic vanilla and Camila took cookies and cream. Camila started playing a game in which she only walked on a white line on the path, she jumped to follow the line and her scoop fell on the path in the process. Shawn started laughing , Camila pouted and warned Shawn to stop making fun of her, to which Shawn laughed even more. So Camila reached over and with her hand dropped his scoop too. This time though it was Shawn who pouted and Camila rolled her head back and laughed. Watching her laugh the his pout changed into a big smile.

They were just a street away from thier apartment when it started to rain. Shawn's instinct was to rush home, but Camila grabbed his arm.
"What? Let's go home otherwise we'll get all soaked up." Shawn said.
"So let's get soaked then." Camila said freeing his arm, and spinning around like a little girl.

"Okay" Shawn said smiling at her. He stood thier relaxing himself and enjoying the feel of the droplets on his skin.
"Want to dance?" Camila asked looking at Shawn with a sly smile.
"You love to dance don't you?" He said taking his hand in hers and pulling her close to his chest in an instant. She gasped at the sudden contact.

" Well this is romantic, dancing in the rain in the middle of the street people must be thinking were mad, but honestly I don't give a damn fuck

" Well this is romantic, dancing in the rain in the middle of the street people must be thinking were mad, but honestly I don't give a damn fuck." Camila mumbled against his chest.

"Yeah right." Shawn chuckled lightly.
"Shawn....this is the best date I've ever been to."
" Yeah honestly for me too. I've never had this much fun."

They danced for a while in the rain before Shawn approached the one thing that he'd been dying to ask these past couple of days.

"Umm...Camila?"
"Yeah" she said.
"Um..will you.....will you be my girlfriend. Camila looked up at him and Shawn thought he could pass out antmy time due to the anticipation of the moment. His mind was spinning what if she said no...what if she never wants to talk to him after that....but all these thoughts disappeared when she said three simple but to him life changing words.
"I'd love to."

A/n : I love rain!!!❤️