hostage

╔═══════════════╗

╔═══════════════╗

david webster !

╚═══════════════╝
angst

request: can i get an imagine where
the reader is taken hostage by the germans
and david webster is very torn up about it?

everything felt cold. an icy, bone chilling type of freezing cold. at least that's all of your body could comprehend. you could barely remember what warmth and comfort felt like. you had been beaten and starved. you were now a prisoner of war. something you never thought you'd end up becoming. you had been treated like nothing before but this was a whole other level of that. you didn't expect much but as someone who could give information on the americans, the germans had no regards for your safety. no regrets. none at all.

every noise, every creak made you jump. your anxiety would skyrocket as your chest tightened. the beatings seemed endless. the tears had stopped days ago. there was no use for them. they showed weakness and you were far from weak. you could see the pitiful looks the german soldiers gave you. however, just like you they had orders. a good soldier does not disobey.

to keep yourself grounded and awake you thought of david webster. he had always been something you wanted to fight for. he was the future you truly looked forward to. at times you could get annoyed with him but after he was shot in holland, david was all you could think about. you missed your fellow soldiers dearly but without him you world couldn't turn. without the thought of him . . . you didn't think you could see another sunrise.

when david returned from the hospital he fully expected to see you glued to george luz's side (like usual). the occasional letter was exchanged between the two of you whilst he was away. however, it was hard to talk about the horrors of bastogne. you were glad david didn't have to experience what you had. you couldn't help but feel jealous that he was in some warm building. despite all this, when the other men informed him that you had been taken prisoner his heart shattered into tiny irreparable pieces. the only handyman was you.

it seemed as if right when the two of you were so close to reuniting another issue sprung up. hours before david would arrive in haguenau you were no where to be found. the men had searched high and low but every single trace of you had seemed to disappear. how could the germans capture you without a single soul realizing you were gone? david webster was lost knowing you weren't safe.

"have you at least tried looking for y/n?" david asked joseph liebgott once again. it was clear to anyone with eyes that joe was not enjoying the constant pestering from his dear friend. in fact, if joe wasn't so worried about you then he would've knocked webster out a long time ago.