my everything

╔═══════════════╗

╔═══════════════╗

eugene roe !

╚═══════════════╝
fluff

request: can i get a gene roe bastogne
fluff please?

It was breaking your heart to see Eugene sitting so far away from you and the other men. He had always believed in not getting too close. However, you had seen him accept some food from Babe Heffron a few minutes earlier and thought they might've been friends. Eugene didn't have many friends in the company (other than you of course) and that hurt. You didn't like seeing him so alone. You were close with some other men but it wasn't like your relationship with Eugene.

The two of you had always been quite close. From the moment you met Eugene you had become friends. He was sweet, polite, kind and you loved that. You might've even loved him. There was a war you were meant to be fighting. You didn't have time for love but you knew you loved Eugene. Everybody knew you loved Eugene. It was quite obvious. Well, to everyone except the Eugene.

The men around you joked and joked as you shivered vigorously. You hated the cold weather. Bastogne was the definition of cold weather. You hated Bastogne. Your head turned to gaze at Eugene but he was already staring. Despite the fact that you were freezing you flushed, gaze shifting to look at your hands. When you looked up again Eugene was still staring at you.

Getting over the thought of rejection and failure, you stood. The men around you silenced themselves as they watched you go and sit beside the medic. Eugene raised a brown at your actions. Soon conversations resumed but the two of you sat in silence. Eugene huddled closer to you. You didn't blame him. You felt like an icicle.

"I ha - hate it here." You stammered out with chattering teeth. Your head fell to rest on Eugene's shoulder.

"I know, mon ange."

"Mon ange . . . what does that mean?" You smiled softly. He couldn't help but smile back. His heart fluttered every time you looked at him with innocent eyes.

The men around you two kept glancing your way. They were practically waiting for something to him. Even though Eugene didn't have much friends, everyone trusted him. They had to. He was the one to shove their guts back inside of their bodies. Eugene was a good man. He was good for you.

"My angel." Eugene stated. You lifted your head, looking at him curiously. When you saw that he was serious you let your head fall back to his shoulder.

"That's cute. I like that."

"Good."

The conversation abruptly stopped there. Once again you lifted your head. You stared at him. It took you a moment to realize you truly did love him. Rejection and failure.

Forget it, you told yourself. Eugene doesn't feel the same way. It's just a silly nickname.

You wrapped your arms around yourself to conserve heat. Eugene huddled closer. The both of you continued to shake from the impending hypothermia. The frosty air nipped at your skin. An arm was thrown over your shoulders. You huddled closer to Eugene.

"Gene?"

"Yes, mon ange?"

"You're my absolute everything."

He glanced down at you, smile growing on his face. You could feel his hum of appreciation against your shoulder. His heart raced and you could feel that too. Rejection and failure . . .

"Je t'aime."

Now that was the only french you understood. You were glad you understood because you loved him too.

anyone else know why gifs
aren't playing on wattpad?
<3