Chapter 11: The New Akatsuki Members

" Come," Konan waves to Naruto and Sakura," We must show the world how to make peace, just as we have shown you." Naruto gives a slight nod and catches an Akatsuki cloak that Konan throws him from the top of a broken structure she stands upon. Nagato throws one down to Sakura and she lets it float to the ground before picking it up.

" Let's go," Naruto says, and with no more words to say from any of them, Naruto and Sakura walk to the end of the village, where Konan and Nagato wait for them. As Sakura drags behind Naruto, she sees Tsunade's green coat that she always wore. It's ripped and is covered in dust from the rubble, but Sakura picks it up anyway, reminding her of what used to be the Leaf Village. Naruto, who holds the Akatsuki cloak on his shoulder, looks back at Sakura and gestures for her to walk faster, and Sakura drops Tsunade's coat behind and slowly picks up her pace.

Naruto clears a path through the rubble so that Sakura and him don't have to trek through it. Nagato waits on top of a Hokage head statue, which had fallen after Pain's attack on the village. This Hokage head is a statue of Naruto's father, who led the village before he had died. The fallen village is now just a memory of what used to be Kohona, the Village of the Leaf.

" Hey look," Naruto speaks again softly when Sakura catches up to him," The rain stopped." Sakura looks up at the sunny blue sky, which would usually make her smile, but not this time. Sakura feels she won't be smiling again for a long time.