Chapter 10: Naruto's Revenge

Naruto, Konan, and Nagato sprint towards the village in the rain and wind storm. Naruto leads both the Akatsuki members to his village's final destruction. As soon as the three of them arrive at the crater in the village, they see a few ninjas with Hinata and Sakura. Naruto had been hated by everyone, except Sakura, the only person he loves in the Leaf Village. Naruto walks to Sakura, meanwhile Konan and Nagato gather the rest of the survivors. When Sakura, Hinata, and the ninjas see Naruto approaching, they cheer. But Naruto doesn't look the same, and Sakura can tell.

" Naruto! What's wrong?" Sakura asks, noticing an evil glint in his eye.

Naruto looks at Sakura and smiles," I'm sorry about this, but it's the only way," he says softly and moves to Hinata and the ninjas.

" Naruto. What are you doing-!" Sakura shouts after him. But Naruto pays no attention to the only person who could stop him. He charges himself with his Chakra and slices through the ninjas, who are helpless against his attacks. As Naruto strikes the ninjas, Hinata stares at him in disbelief and immense sadness.

"Why Naruto? Why," Hinata utters, and can only look at him desperately, hoping he'll answer her. Naruto doesn't even notice Hinata and he kills her, just like the rest of the ninjas.

Naruto kills a few so-called-friends, but he doesn't feel their loss, instead he feels himself being reborn into the monster locked inside him.

" NO!" Sakura screams, running after Naruto. " WHY! WHY DID YOU DO THAT! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!"

" They didn't deserve to live," Naruto's monstrous side comes out," none of them do."

" What?! What do you mean? Naruto, what happened to you?" Sakura begs.

As the rest of the villagers and ninjas are being brought down the crater by Konan and Nagato, Naruto heads their way. Naruto can feel himself cutting through the rest of the ninjas and villagers, with no regret. Sakura sees everything in a blur as she hears the cries of the rest of her friends and townspeople.

Apart from Skaura, Naruto leaves Tsunade as the last one alive from the village, and the most heartbroken.

" Why are you doing this?!" Tsunade demands of Naruto.

" It's really not personal......oh wait, it's extremely personal," Naruto lets out a mad laugh and finishes off Tsunade. Sakura drops to her knees and tears flood her eyes.

" This is what must be done, for peace, Sakura, for happiness. For respect," Naruto tells Sakura. Sakura gets so angry at Naruto and she can only scream out the names of her friends that he had killed.

" Then why not me! Why don't you kill me?!" Sakura sobs.

Naruto holds a hand out to her and speaks in a kind voice," Because you're the only one who accepts me. My only true friend." Sakura looks up at him feeling so many different emotions. She can only take his hand slowly, and Naruto lifts her back on her feet.