Chapter 4: Sakura after the attack

Sakura opens her eyes to see rubble and dust. She coughs vigorously and realises she couldn't have casted a shield in time to survive that explosion. She looks around and sees injured ninjas and villagers. Sakura looks up to a tall blond haired ninja with green eyes, Tsunade, the leader of the Leaf Village. She's a very powerful ninja and before Pain had destroyed the village, she had used most of her Chakra on saving the villagers and other people in Kohona. Tsunade had summoned giant slugs to go around the village protecting villagers.

"Ts-Tsunade, what happened?" Sakura questions Tsunade in a panic.

Tsunade helps Sakura off the ground and says," The Akatsuki, they destroyed the whole village." Sakura stares at Tsunade in disbelief and she starts running towards the end of the crater. Sakura gapes at the colossus hole where the village used to be. " Then why not me! Why don't you kill me?!" Sakura sobs.

"But...no. NO!" Sakura shouts out and drops to her knees. " How could this happen." Though Tsunade saved a few villagers and ninjas, most of them died, and she couldn't save as many as she wanted to. Tsunade walks to Sakura and puts her hand on her shoulder.

" I wish I could've saved them all," Tsunade says in a hushed tone.

" It's not your fault. No one saw this coming," Sakura comforts Tsunade as best she can.

" I know," Tsunade murmurs and she goes back to assist the other survivors.

After Tsunade leaves, Sakura suddenly remembers Hinata. She jolts up and starts searching through the survivors.

" Hinata! Hinata!" She yells, but she can't see her anywhere. She limps through the injured people and continues to call out for her missing friend.