Chapter 4

Tina Woods as Macy Wright

Colin's POV

"So what's the big news you had to tell us?" My mom asked as I walked in after getting a small moving truck with Trevor's help. She's sitting in the living room flipping through a magazine before she set it on the coffee table to talk to me.

"Does anyone know why there's a moving truck in our driveway?" My dad shouted coming out of his at-home office.

"I found a place," I put it simply.

"Really?! Honey, that's great." My mom hugged me while my dad patted me on the back. "So where is it?"

"Here's the address," I said pulling a slip of paper from my back pocket and handing it to them. "I also have two roommates. Do you remember Brynlee Parker and Macy Wright?"

My mom looked up from the paper with wide eyes. "Of course I remember them. You all were best friends since preschool, and I still talk to their mothers almost every month. How are they?"

"Good, I guess. Macy and Bryn go to NYU, and Keegan just moved in with her boyfriend. That's why they needed a new roommate," I explained.

"We'll have to have them over for dinner soon!" Mom exclaimed with the biggest smile on her face. "How was it seeing Bryn again?"

"Well, she answered the door when I came to apartment and then slammed the door before I could say anything. I don't think she was happy to see me."

"That's okay." My mom gave me a small smile. "She probably just needs time, and I'm sure she was shocked to see you after all these years."

I never actually told my parents the full story of what happened with Bryn and I. They think we mutually decided to break up because of the distance and eventually lost contact. They don't know that I never even told anyone I was leaving until I texted Bryn goodbye right before we boarded the plane. It was definitely a bad move on my part, but I was a stupid 14 year old who didn't know what to do. If I could go back, I would have told her the minute I found out my family was moving. Maybe, then we could've made the most out of our last summer together, and possibly stayed together despite the distance.

"When are you moving?" My dad asked changing the subject after the room went quit.

"I'm packing today, and then I'll move in tomorrow."

"Then you better get packing," my dad laughed before heading back to his office to finish work.

Eventually, Trevor decided to come inside and help, but not before making a stop to the kitchen. His version of helping is just laying on my bed while scrolling through Instagram.

"So who are you rooming with?" He asked finally looking up from his phone.

"Do you remember Bryn?"

"You mean the girl you left with just a text?"

I sighed. "Yeah, I'm rooming with her and Macy, who I also knew back then."

"Damn," he laughed. "That's gonna be a great show."

"Shut up," I groaned ready to smack him.

"No seriously, if I need some entertainment, I can just stop by your place. Right?"

"I hate you so much."

"Nah, you love me," he chuckles before asking. "What do they look like?"

"Haven't I shown you a picture?"

"Yeah, when you guys were 14. People change."

"I'm busy." I pointed to the clothes I was currently folding. "Look them up on Instagram."