Chapter 13

It's official. I have nothing better to do than go to Keegan's modeling shoot where she gets pampered, and I steal food from catering.

After waking up this morning in Colin's empty bed to find him in the kitchen, and after having a little conversation that went a little something like this:

"Do you want to talk about last night?"

"Not really, but thank you for letting me sleep in your bed."

"It's no problem. If you ever need me, I'll always be here from now on."

"Thank you." I then stood up on my tippy toes and kissed him on the cheek. I have no idea what came over me, but it felt right.

I got a text from Keegan asking about my plans for the day. When I respond with "nothing," I should have known that was a mistake.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to spend time with my sister, but some of the other models at these shoots can be very annoying. For example, Kelsey, who got her start around the same time Keegan did, has not stopped talking about her rich European boyfriend who's about 20 years older than here.

Although, I am a little jealous of the lavish lifestyle she's living with her yachts, private jets, and multiple mansions, but a girl can only take so much.

I am so close to shoving one of my croissants in her mouth, and judging by the disgusting glares I keep getting every time I take a bite, she would not like that.

"Bryn, can you come over here for a second?" Keegan called out from where she stood in front of a backdrop. Without any hesitation, I practically sprinted over to her. She was currently on a short break while the photographer reviewed some of the photos on her camera with the director of the shoot.

"Can you grab my phone from my purse and take some behind the scenes photos for my Instagram?"

"Sure." Right as I started to walk toward Keegan's purse, the director stopped me.

"Would you mind getting in on some of these pictures?" She asked.

"I'm not a model."

"I know, but having both you and Keegan in some photos would be great for the shoot."

"I don't know," I say unsure of being infront of the camera.

"Come on, Bryn. It will be fun," Keegan tried to convince me and eventually resorted to the puppy dog eyes. "Please."

"Fine, but I'm only doing a few photos."

"Amazing!" The director exclaimed. "If you go over to wardrobe they can get you ready."

"Well, if it isn't America's next top model," Macy teased as I made my way into the apartment

"What are you talking about?"

"You're little photoshoot with Keegan," Colin said from where he sat at the dining table. "She posted about it on Instagram."

"That, and you still have your makeup on," Macy said pointing to my face.

"Ugh, I need to take it off, and it's gonna be a pain." I groan as I make my way to my room. Right as I go to bathroom to get this shit off my face, my phone rings with an incoming FaceTime call.

I immediately accept and Noelle's face pops up on my screen.

"Hey, Bryn," she greets from where she sits on her bed while I work on taking the false eyelashes off.

"What's up, Noelle?"

"We saw the picture that Keegan posted, and Mom has not stopped talking about it. She even said that she's going to get it framed for her wall."

I laughed knowing mom would do exactly that and more.

"Is that the only reason you called?"

"No," she sighed. "I need some advice."

"Do tell," I urge her to proceed while I continue to take off the makeup.

"So, there's this new guy at school that is flirting with me, and he even asked me out. I just don't know if I should say yes or not."

"Why wouldn't you?"

"Because she likes Tanner," another voice said from the phone. Noelle glared at the intruding figure who came into frame, our baby sister, Skylar.

"Would you shut up?" Noelle said to Skylar as she tried to push her face out of frame.

"I know you still like Tanner, but at what point is it time to move on. It woud be different if he actually hinted at liking you as more than friends, but he hasn't."

"That's the thing. Tanner told me not to go out with the new guy."

"What?" I asked confused. "Why?"

"I don't really know," Noelle shrugged. "He just said that he didn't like the guy."

"Well, damn." I paused to think. "Tanner could just be acting overprotective. I say you give the new guy a chance, and if it doesn't work out then oh well."

"I need to think about it, but I think I may give him a chance."

"Now can we talk about me?" Skylar asked as she took the phone.

"Yes, Sky. What's going on in your life?"

"There is so much drama going on with the cheer team, and it's all because of these two juniors."

Skylar then went on for a few minutes about how the girls both like the same guy and are trying to sabotage each other's chances with the guy.

"What's really funny is the fact that you can obviously tell that he likes neither girl," Skylar laughed while Noelle smiled behind her already knowing the whole story. "He's actually been flirting with this other junior girl who keeps blowing him off. It's like watching a book come to life, and I love it."

"That's amazing. You have to tell Keegan. She'll die." I laughed.

Eventually, we said our goodbyes with Skylar saying that she's going to call Keegan.

I really miss being at home with them. That homesick feeling has slowly gotten smaller over the years, but when we first moved out here, it was hard. I was constantly calling my family, crying to my mom about wanting to come home, but she told me to stick it out and things would get better. They did. Things got easier, I became more comfortable with my surroundings, and soon enough, our apartment became our second home.

I wouldn't trade it for anything.

|||

Thank you all for reading! I know I've been slow, but finding time to actually sit down and write is hard right now. I appreciate all of you who are still sticking around and waiting patiently!

Thanks again!
Olivia