Chapter 10

I woke up this morning with a slight weight on my waist, and I could definitely tell I wasn't in my bed, or any bed.

The light shining through the nearby window made it hard to open my eyes. I blinked to adjust to the sudden light and lifted my head to figure out my surroundings.

Apparently, when I fell asleep while watching Tangled, my head didn't necessarily land on a pillow. Instead, that pillow happened to be placed on Colin's lap, and the weight on my waist was Colin's arm.

I turned to see Colin still peacefully sleeping with his head rested against another pillow that supported his head. He looks kind of cute, and I can't believe he didn't wake me after the movie finished.

To make my escape from his arm, I slowly shuffled off the couch to land on the floor before I was able to stand. I then quickly grabbed my phone from the coffee table and bolted to my room.

After glancing down at my phone, I saw a few texts in the group chat with Keegan and Macy.

Macy apparently took a picture of me laying on Colin's lap while we were both asleep and sent it in the group chat.

Macy
Aw, look at the lovebirds.

Keegan
YES! IT'S HAPPENING!!

Bryn
Nothing is happening. We're just friends.

Macy
For now.

Bryn
Shut up and leave me alone.

For the rest of the day, I pretty much had the apartment to myself until someone came home. Macy was at work and Colin had to go visit his dad at the office.

With this time, I decided to work on another painting for my portfolio. I've recently been sketching out some ideas of this big flower piece, which is inspired by some similar pieces I saw on Pinterest, and I think it would look so good on a bigger canvas.

I quickly changed into my painting attire of spandex and an oversized shirt before setting up a larger canvas on my easel. I started by sketching out the design and collected the paints that I would need as well as some tools. Before painting anything, I needed some music to fill the silence. My favorite music to listen to while painting was some pop rock: MGK, Paramore, and all the classics. It kept me pumped up so I could get my work done.

Halfway through the painting, my favorite song, U + Ur Hand by Pink, came on. I continued painting while singing along, and when the chorus started, I began moving around.

I'm not sure if you could call my current movements dancing. It's really just me jumping around to the beat while trying not to spill any paint or ruin my painting.

Eventually the song ends and Mr. Brightside by The Killers comes on. This classic causes my jumping to intensify while I throw in some arm movements.

Unfortunately, my dance break is interrupted by laughter. I stop in my tracks to find Colin leaning against my doorframe.

"Please, don't stop on my account. This is very entertaining," he laughs.

"I hate you."

"No you don't." He pushes off the doorframe and walks toward my laptop that has my playlist pulled up. "Now, where were we?"

He restarts the song and makes his way to my side where he sets down my paint pallet. He grabs both of my hands and starts singing along while moving our arms around. Soon enough, he starts twirling me making me laugh and forget about everything around me.