Chapter 18

a few weeks later

Tonight is the night.

My art is displayed up in Glacous Art Gallery. Guests will be arriving in 20 minutes, and I am standing here in a simple light blue dress surrounded by the four walls that are covered in my art.

I'm so happy I could cry.

"You look beautiful." Colin came to stand next to me and pulled me into a hug that brought me so close to those happy tears.

"I can't believe this is real. My art is in a gallery, and people may actually buy some of my art."

"You deserve it and more." He kisses my forehead as I look up at him with the biggest smile.

"Come on," I grab his hand and pull him toward one of my pieces. "I want you to see this."

We stand in front of a painting where the thin brushstrokes show the outline of two people lying in the grass and covered in paint.

With a small chuckle, he says, "It's when I took you to the park to do splatter paint, and we almost kissed."

"You may just be my biggest fan, and I cannot thank you enough for pushing me out of my art slumps or for submitting my work to Georgia. This night would not be possible without you."

"You never have to thank me for supporting you. It's in my blood, and I will support you no matter what." Colin brought my hands up to his heart where I could feel the steady beating. "And tonight is only possible because of you and the amazing talent that you have."

"I love you."

"I love you."

When my mom and dad stepped through the doors of the gallery, I could already see the tears in my mom's eyes as her hand came up to cover her mouth

When my mom and dad stepped through the doors of the gallery, I could already see the tears in my mom's eyes as her hand came up to cover her mouth. She quickly finds me in the crowd of faces and bursts into tears, finally drawing my own happy tears to come flooding out.

"Honey, this is amazing!" She pulls me into a hug when I make it to her. "We're so proud of you!"

"You are so talented, Princess," Dad chokes back his own tears as he pulls me into another hug.

With my family and friend's by my side, the rest of the night goes great. I have met so many people that love my work, and it's overwhelming to see my art being bought.

"Bryn," I hear my dad call and find him standing with an older gentleman. "I want you to meet John Gibson, my coach from when I was at the Yankees."

"Hello, Mr. Gibson. It's nice to meet you." I shake the man's hand and he smiles.

"Please, call me John. I know you don't remember meeting me since you were still a toddler, but it's crazy to see you so grown now. I could have sworn it was just yesterday that your dad was calling to tell me that he had twin girls."

"They're growing fast, trust me," Dad replied with a chuckle.

"I may not remember meeting you, but your name always comes up when my parents tell the story of them reuniting. Dad says that you told him to go win back the girl of his dreams."

"Really?" John laughs. "I think I remember telling him to not come back until he has his head on straight."

My dad butts in, "I don't know about you all, but that sounds like the same sentence to me."

After chatting with John, I make my way around the room to talk more with interested buyers. I'm amazed to see the amount of people here and barely any of them know who my famous dad is. That just means they're here for me, and I couldn't be prouder of myself.

By the end of the night, I have sold almost all of my artwork, except for the four paintings that are of my family. I'll be gifting those to my mom.

"Are you ready to head out?" Colin asks as the last few people exit. I wave goodbye and turned my attention to the handsome man standing next to me.

"Ye-," I stop myself as I take in the fact that he's holding a canvas under his arm. "What's that?"

"Oh, this?" He pulls it out to show me the same painting of us that I showed him earlier. "I bought it and wanted to take it home tonight."

"You know I would have just given it to you. You didn't have to pay for it."

"Now why would I, your biggest fan, not pay for this masterpiece that you worked so hard for?" He stops me from protesting further and grabs my hand. "Now let's get out of here and go celebrate."

|||

Woohoo!!!!

Once again, I'm sorry for not updating in so long.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

Thank you for reading!!
Olivia