Chapter 3

Cody Christian as Colin Archer

The first day of college hasn't been too exciting. I only had two classes this morning and just came back to the apartment to work on one of my paintings. I sat at my easel in an old oversized shirt that covered my shorts. It's what I always wear to paint.

I was currently adding detail to the flower on the canvas when someone knocked on the door. Setting down the paintbrush and paint pallet, I sighed knowing I would have to get it since Macy wasn't home yet. I made it out of my room when another knock came.

"Hold on, I'm coming," I slightly shouted and rush toward the door. I opened the door to reveal a guy standing with his hands in his pockets. He had on dark jeans and a white t-shirt. When my eyes made it to his face, I immediately panicked and shut the door right as he was about to say something. I leaned against the now shut door and tried to slow my breathing.

Colin Archer.

He's definitely changed since I've last seen him, but those are the same blue eyes that became my favorite color. He's gotten taller, stronger, and even more attractive. I knew he changed a little from looking at social media, but it doesn't lessen my surprise of seeing it for myself.

Before I could turn around and make the mistake of opening the door again, I ran back to my room to get somewhat of a control over my emotions. A part of me wants to jump into his arms and never let go. The other part wants to slap him and ask him why he never said goodbye. Both sides want to cry.

I was sitting on my bed just staring at the picture of Colin and I on my nightstand when Macy came in.

"So," she slowly said and paused trying to figure out her next words, "you saw Colin again. How are you feeling?"

"I don't know," I responded still looking at the photo. Right after I said that, the tears started to build up, and I just couldn't stop them from coming.

"Bryn, it's okay to cry." Macy ran to my side and pulled me into a hug.

"Why does it still hurt? It's been seven years. Why can't I get over him?" 

"I know it's hard, but we have a problem," she cautiously said when I calmed down a little. "He's our only option for a new roommate if we want to get rent in before the due date."

"No," I firmly stated and sat up.

"Bryn, it's either Colin or we go with the girl who has a chicken as a pet."

"Fine," I sighed, "but I'm not going back out there."

I really don't want to live with a chicken.

"Okay, while you sit here, and I will go talk to him." She was halfway out the door before turning around. "By the way, I texted Keegan, and she's on her way."

"I brought food," Keegan greeted with a to-go bag from our favorite Chinese restaurant

"I brought food," Keegan greeted with a to-go bag from our favorite Chinese restaurant. "Now what's the code red emergency that Macy texted me about?"

"Colin's our new roommate." Macy just came right out and said it. There was no easing into it.

"Wait, Colin, as in Bryn's Colin," Keegan paused after setting the food on the kitchen counter.

"He's not mine," I groaned while face planting into the couch cushions.

Macy then kept tapping my butt causing me to sit up so she would stop and take my food from her hands. "You'll be fine. Now eat."

"How are you feeling?" Keegan asked taking a seat on the floor as she sat her food in the coffee table.

"I don't know," I sighed shoving an egg roll into my mouth. "All the emotions I felt when he first left just came right back and sucker punched me in the face."

"If we had a choice, he would not be able to step foot in this apartment, but he was our only normal option. Everyone else was either creepy or straight up weird," Macy explained.

"Then what's the game plan for living with him?"

"Whenever he's here, I'll just hide in my room," I shrugged. "Then I also have classes so I won't have to see him then either."

"Won't you have to share a bathroom with him if he's staying in my old room?" Keegan brought up.

"Simple," I state. "I'll always keep the door shut and only go in when I know he's not in there."

"Solid plan," Macy laughed.

"Thank you!"

"I was kidding," Macy responded making my smile drop. "That may work for a few days, but eventually you'll run into him."

"When the time comes, I'll just think of another plan."

"Yeah, cause your plans are so great," Keegan insulted resulting in a glare pointed in her direction.

This plan better work because it's all I got.

|||

Thank you for reading!!!

I'm so sorry this was such a late update. I've been really busy these past weeks. I'll try my best to update more, but I can't make any promises. Thanks, again!

Olivia