Chapter 27: New Version

The Crystal Palace incident was resolved thanks to Princess' Lucresia's efforts but the fates of her servants and her nervous Lady-in-waiting were now determine as they were all gathered in the main hall of the palace and the serious Princess was standing firmly and sighed, "First of all, I apologized for what happened yesterday, it's my own stubborness that I have angered the Emperor to the point that all of you are getting involved with this huge mess that I have made and to that, I will raised your salaries a little to compensate for what happened," she declared and all the servants went awed at the Princess' decision.

"We're very thankful for your generosity, Princess." They said in unison and Princess Lucresia's face was filled with pity over her palace servants, "Please get back to your usual station in the palace." She instructed them all the servants were dismissed except for Lady Regina who stay next to the Princess' side.

"Your Highness, the Duke of Stratford is to make an audience with you as of this moment." Lady Regina said in a calm tone and Lucresia acknowledges it, "I'll be right there." She replied immediately and she immediately went to meet the Leader of the Imperial Faction.

She frowns, Lucresia didn't like the idea that the cunning Duke is here again to pestering her about the Imperial Faction who always criticized her when she was the Empress' Proxy at the time she manages the Internal Affairs of the Imperial Palace.

The guards opened the doors for the Princess and she was displeased to see the Duke and few elder nobles who are as well, the members of the Imperial Faction but she was shocked that Duke Rass is not around with them.

The nobles went bowed respectfully at the Princess, "Greetings, Lesser Moon of the Castina Empire." They said unison and the First Princess acknowledged their presence, "Duke Stratford, Baron Heins, and Viscount Nuimbre, It's a pleasure for me to see that the most respectable nobles in my brother's faction are here in my humble palace." She sat on the couch and comply them to seat on the opposite couch, "I supposed that you heard the news about my marriage." She said in a serious tone but it's obvious that these three old nobles were so displeased about it.

Duke Stratford looked at her in a serious expression, "Your Highness, you already know why we are here. You must joined us and become our Empress. The Emperor had become a cruel tyrant and you'd just witnessed how he executed those who are opposed to him especially those from the Imperial Faction." The elder Duke said in a desperate tone and the First Princess was aware of that horrible tragedies that faces the members of the Imperial Faction and she couldn't help but to be sad about them despite of their mistreatment towards her in the past.

Then, the Viscount countered, "Please, Princess Lucresia, You must help us nobles who were been victimized by the Emperor's discrimination on the members of the Imperial Faction, I don't understand why he was siding with the Opposing Faction lead by that snake Duke Jenna. He doesn't know what kind of evil man he is." His trembling tone was obvious on the Princess as she prompted this meeting to be over, "I had no power on influencing the Emperor anymore. Did you see how he treated me and the Emperor even imprisoned my servants without any charges, it proves that he had been poison by those snakes around him but I will do my best to protect the nobles but this marriage must commence because some of the people who were important to me will be in great danger if I cannot marry the new Duke of the House of Verita." She explained to them in a serious tone but there's a hint of reluctance on her face.

The three old nobles looked at each other, "We understand what Her Highness meant but you are the only hope of the Imperial Faction as we no longer rely on the current Emperor anymore." The Viscount says in a sad tone.

Lucresia sighed, "I cannot become the Empress because it will cause an internal conflict in the Imperial Court. Her Majesty is been wed to His Majesty so she's the official Empress of our nation so there's nothing I could do about it. I admire the three of you of your determination and your trust in me but I can't rebel against my brother, the Emperor over the throne that was bestowed to him by the late Emperor." She explained and leaved the Parlor Room without saying goodbye to the shocked noblemen and Lady Regina was behind her glancing at the disappointing nobles.