Chapter 24

She was glaring at her half brother and the annoying person next to him because they were interrupted by their presence and Lucresia wanted to yell at them to leave but if she will do that, then, she will only be embarrass herself infront of Prince Noah but when she thought about Jieun's comatose state; her chest were filled with resentment towards the Emperor, "I heard from the servants of the Empress that you even didn't bat a single glance on the Empress' comatose condition. I wonder why that you are suddenly treating her like this and you used to be head over heels in love with the her back then that you even forgotten your original betrothed." She said in a sarcastic tone while she was thinking of Aristia's pain and suffering while Ruveliss was stupidly, showering all his love and affection to an unknown girl who just poped out of nowhere and ignored the pitiful Lower Queen. "Why so? Your Majesty?" She asked in a challenged tone that surprises both Allendis and Prince Noah because it's the first time that they had witnesssed a casual conversation between the imperial princess and the Emperor who was in silence but there's a hint of anger and annoyance in his handsome face.

The young Emperor looked at both Duke Allendis and Prince Noah, who protectively shielded his rebellious half-sister, "I would suggested that Your Highness and His Grace must give us our privacy for a bit. I wanted to talk to Lucresia...personally." He said in a cold tone and Allendis just reluctantly agreed to the moody Emperor while glancing at both Prince Noah and Princess Lucresia with an icy glare that the both of them were noticed but glaring at him back and the Athenian Crown Prince stared down at the young Princess, "Take care, Your Highness." He gave her a reassuring smile but then he looked at the stoic Emperor and Noah could noticed something on Ruveliss' tired expression but the Emperor still remained cold, so the Crown Prince bowed to him to leave, "I'll be on my way now, Your Majesty." He bid farewell to the two imperial siblings who now has a staring contest and the atmosphere around the Imperial garden is getting so intense as their hostility with one other develops.

Ruveliss' brows narrowed at his defiant half-sister, "That's none of your business, Lucresia and by the way, are you supposed to be in self house arrest today and you even spending time with the Castina Empire's important guest without my permission and you have probably forgotten that you are no longer have a place in the imperial court's affairs; now that you have resigned from your important duty." The Emperor says in a bitter tone that angers Lucresia.

"Why do I have to enslaved myself for the likes of you and by the way, you try to hurt me the last time and you are so shameful to tell me what to do or what I should do with my life!." She spat at him causing Ruveliss to shouted at her, "Why are you like this to me, Lucresia! Why do you keep always provoking me like this, do you want to be in prison or perhaps that you are so eager to defy me so that you can become my political hostage to another allied country," he sneered at her causing her to flustered angrilywhat she hates the most was to become a tool for his sake and she was sick of it.

"Do you want to know why I am like this or have you forgotten? You try to kill your own sister and whose insane person who would just act like nothing's happen and if you wanted to get rid of me that badly, then, when my coming of age ceremony ends, I want to relinquish my title as Princess and allow me to go to the monastery rather than becoming your political tool for your own greed." She said in a cold tone and Ruveliss didn't like the idea that she will just escaped her fate that easily from him.

He will never forget about the unavoidable prophecy in the temple involved with his half-sister...he will never let her go and he will do the deed by making her suffer and he had an alternate solution to that as he was thinking about that cunning young Verita who wants to marry her.

He stepped forward towards her side and he immediately grabbed her left wrist and pulled the first princess close to his stoic face, "As I have said before, you are a threat to my future that's why, I won't allow to escape from my grasp and my watch. I will make sure that your miserable life as the princess will be over right here and how." His cold dark smirk shuddered the first princess as her frightened hazel eyes were staring at his cunning eyes.