Chapter 13

Jieun wearing a heavy dresss is having a tea with Ruveliss who was on a deep thought. The two of them were in a gazebo and they were surrounded by few servants and knights. The dark haired girl stared down at the slice of cake and her thoughts drifted to the other day that Ruve had become a scary person as he mercilessly ordered a knight to punish the nobleman by slicing the poor man's throat in front of others just because he was disrespecting the emperor.

This awkward but heavy silence suffocates her and she decided that she will having a conversation with him, "Ruve, how are you doing? You have been busy lately." She said in an enthusiastic tone that deafens the stoic emperor who was in a deep thought, he was thinking of what Duke Jenna says about his half sister's potential to become a ruler.

"You want me to see an oracle and ask if there's a possibility that Lucresia might be a ruler in the future?" Ruveliss was displeased of the idea that someone else will take over his throne and it's impossible because his half sister was just an ordinary young woman.

The elder duke nod, "Your Majesty, you're aware that Princess Lucresia is the biological daughter of Emperor Mirkan." He said in a matter of fact that flinches the emperor, why is this old cunt mentioning that painful realization that he was just an adopted child and his half sister was closely blood related to the emperor. This was making him suffocated, of course, no one knows, no one knows that he has a commoner blood flown through his veins and only few people knows this.

Did this old bastard knows?

He cleared his throat, "What are you trying to say? That she's a threat to me?" He challenged the sly old duke.

"What I'm trying to say, Your Majesty is that...her royal blood has more advantaged to the throne than you since your mother is a noble blood. The imperialists nobles are aware that her mother was a foreign princess of an unknown country and they were fed up of the current empress' failures and they wanted her to be replaced and your half sister was qualified." His dark tone tenses the young emperor so much of the reality that he might be outstand by his half sister but his deceased father told him that she was not qualify to become a ruler.

But judging on what the first princess' behavior after the death of his first wife; she had become a different person but not threatening to his side as she was behaving normally like a princess.

He gathered his conflicted emotions, "His former Majesty told me that she was not qualified to become the ruler and I'm aware of who she is and what she's capable of so you have no right to tell me what to do about the first princess. Duke Jenna."He said in a cold tone as he walked out the chamber leaving the old duke gritted his teeth angrily.

"Jieun." He finally spoke her name for the first time since forever and it softened the dark haired girl because she thought that Ruve is completely ignoring her, "Yes, Ruve? Do you want something from me?" She asked with a tint of blush on her cheeks and tried her best to be sweet towards him.

His cold azure eyes glanced at the dark haired girl, "I want you to visit Lucresia and report to me what she was doing." He told the gullible dark haired girl. Jieun understand she wanted him to visit his half sister on his stead. Brightens, she was very excited to see Lucresia because she they had never been in touch for so long.

"I will! Ruve! because I kinda missed Lucresia lot! She's my only female friend here and I'm sure she will be happy to see me." She said in a hopeful tone while eating her slice of cake happily.

The emperor didn't say anything and didn't care about Jieun's excitement over Lucresia. His half sister was currently working herself up day and night just like what he did when he took over Aristia's duties from Jieun. It was intentional that he put the first princess in that kind of difficult work so that he might be able to witness her capability and her knowledge on State of Affairs since he heard from before that she was been teached by his first wife on politics secretly.