Chapter 18

He was been in the prison for more than seven and a half weeks and all he'd ever do was to read tons of books that he requested to the prison guards who dutifully eyeing him like a hawk but they'd just do there job to a 'traitor' like him.

Allendis was resting in his bed while looking at the dark ceiling absentmindedly, he was getting bored here and done every daily routine he has; eat, sleep and read almost daily basis. He hasn't contact his family after been arrested for stealing confidential information on the Empress' Office last month and he was caught off guard when the sly but arrogant young princess just ordered his arrest for no apparent reason.

"I'm going to get that woman soon enough. Once I'm out of this prison, I'll make sure that she'll pay more than ten fold for humiliating me." He mused angrily. He wanted to kill the first princess and the Aristocrat Faction was right about her, she's not to be underestimate despite of her delicate facade that the princess display in the public. She might look cute and beautiful but there's a hidden snake underneath of that fake personality.

He chuckles at the irony, the two of them are similar; playing pretentious game towards others for the sake of the own personal goals. He doesn't know the princess' purpose from the very beginning but probably, it has something to do with the late Queen. Allendis heard rumors from before that the first imperial princess and the late Queen were very close as sisters and had a good relationship with each other.

Allendis had heard her wild escapade in her palace before but she's a different person now after the death of the late Queen, she rarely had social gatherings and always had only few people around her and he could possibly conclude that she's been very careful on the people she's associated with, "Is that why she was refusing my advances towards her?" He murmured and probably make sense as she keep on avoiding her but those deep, hallow hazel eyes of hers and she can see right through him; his ugly, true self. Perhaps, he was wrong about her.

He needed revenge. He wanted to get a piece of the princess' weakness so that it will helped him at ease of his inner vexation towards the azure haired princess but how?

The young lord Verita looked at the stoic prison guards behind him and he decided to asked them about the princess, "Hey, you over there...What is the current status in the palace right now?" He asked one of them with a curious tone.

The older guards glared at the criminal, "Shut up! Do you want to get beaten right now? A mere criminal like you had no right to ask anything regarding the affairs in the royal court. How shameless!" One guard scolded Allendis but the handsome young lord didn't quiver of being raised voice by these rude guards.

But a nitwit guard who was three years younger than the other one just blurred out something, "I heard from the hearsay in the palace that someone trespassed on the princess' quarters and they're aristocrats who associated with the Duke of Jenna, they've been arrested for disrespecting the members of the imperial family." He said to the young lord Verita who seem didn't surprised about the information, "So, they're this so desperate to remove the princess in the imperial court. " He mused.

In other words, they wanted the first princess to be kicked out of politics because the princess was too much for the role as the Empress' proxy and her domestic policy was pro-common people and imperial faction agenda. They didn't want that.

And lastly, she refused to go to war.

Flashback

"Go to war with the Kingdom of Rua? Are you all idiots or your brains had become too much for your own greed for power to suggest to me like this?"  Princess Lucresia said insultingly as she was seated as the temporary empress of Castina Empire so she's the one who occupy Jieun's throne next to her half-brother. Ruve was next her and he was completely silent as his half-sister who was just sixteen and she berated the traditional aristocrats who suggested them to go to war with a kingdom that was known for their military prowess that was on par with the Castina Empire.