Chapter 12

The five aristocrats from different noble Houses in the opposing faction gathered in a small meeting in the secret room and they were displeased of the outcome of what is currently happening in the empire particularly around Princess Lucresia for a year and a half.

"The first princess is started to get slowly becoming the next Lady Aristia la Monique. This is troublesome! I thought that she was just an ignorant princess who slacked off anywhere in the royal court." The blonde nobleman with mustache growls angrily, they were disturbed of the young emperor's favor for his royal sister as the rumors says in the capital and that the empress was ignored completely.

"This is bad. We have to do something. If your empress was dethroned because of her. It'll be a trouble for us, Duke Jenna." One of the aristocrat says in a annoying

"Don't forget that she's going to be engaged to that foreign royal prince and she might become an empress if she desires. After all, she is nothingless but the daughter of Emperor Mirkan. She has the right to the throne." The other says and that undeniable truth about the royal princess' destiny was stunned the elder duke completely, "Indeed, she has the right to the throne...and we can use that to our advantage." Duke Jenna chuckles darkly as he thought a brillant dark idea on how to get rid the nuisance royal princess. Princess Lucresia proves herself worthy for the empire but she was an obstacle that must be eliminated.

Just like what they did to Aristia la Monique.
—————————————————————————-
Empress' Office

"What rumors about me being the new empress? That's ridiculous." The first princess frowns at the baseless rumors around the royal court and the capital. It's been almost a year since she became the proxy 'empress' on Jieun's stead and everybody in the royal courts probably an imperialists or the aristocrats are looking at her as if that she was now their empress.

Lady Regina trembles, "B-But...there's been a group of people who are supporting you, Princess Lucresia even the commoners. They say that you are the most effective empress since last year that they have suffered terribly and you're seventeen right now." She smiled at the bored seventeen year old Princess Lucresia. Last year, she celebrated Lady Aristia's death anniversary alone with her loyal servants in the palace since the empress was refused by her grandfather; Duke Jenna to get close to her. "And it's not like I'm forcing her to come into my palace." She thought in a bored tone.

She was now a grown young lady but her personality still unchanged. Her sense of justice and her stubborness was one of her main traits as to why she was the First Princess of the Castina Empire. Her cold hazel eyes glared at the trembling royal staffs clutching the completed documents and legal papers to be reported to the emperor, "Tell me, what is the empress doing aside from neglecting her duties as the mother of our nation?" She asked in a sarcastic tone to one of the royal staffs who formerly working with Jieun.

One of the royal staffs smirked and it would be a great opportunity for them to portray the empress' bad reputation towards the respected princess, "She was enjoying herself, Your Royal Highness. In fact, we even heard her saying that she was happy that you took her difficult work and that she was able to spend time with the emperor." Their words are malice to the point that the first princess was wary with them.

"I see." She played along to their scheme and wrote something on the paper nonchalantly, "So, she doesn't care about her title and role in this nation and just imdulge herself to her own indolence. How shameless." She said in an irritating tone that earns a smirk from the royal staffs. Then, one of them offered her a tea, "Please don't be angry at Her Majesty, our princess. Why don't you relaxed for a bit and drink some warm tea." The male royal staff says with a hidden intentions. Her hazel eyes glanced at the tea, "It's been almost eight months and a year since I have been Jieun's proxy but these people here keeps on offering me tea all the time and they know that I dislike to drink tea when I'm at work." She thought in a suspicious tone and stared at the four royal staffs who are all males. Only she and Lady Regina were the only female around this office but they were so respectful towards her for the past eight months and a year, "There's no need. You can drink it for yourself. All of you except my lady in waiting must leave immediately. I need space." She said in a serious tone in which they complied.