brother: mark

summary: you can never fully hate your brother, no matter how much you think you do

genre: siblings au, angst(?)

no, this is not an incest story. that's nasty

4.2K words

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
*:..。o○ ○o。..:*

y/n is undeniably in love with her brother, mark.

hah, just kidding. she hates him with all her life.

why you may ask? well, it's a long story.

when Mrs lee first found out she was pregnant, she was excited, especially since it was twins, but her excitement died down when she realized she had a girl and a boy growing in her stomach. Mr and Mrs lee have always wanted a son, they never wanted a girl.

so, before y/n and mark were born, Mr and Mrs lee spent a lot of their time searching and shopping for boys clothes, toys and many more. they completely ignored the fact that they were gonna have a little baby girl too. if she could, Mrs lee wwoul've had an abortion by then, but no, she couldn't, especially since it meant harming her precious son.

yongsun, who was Mrs lee's youngest sister, was excited for the birth of the twins. she constantly visited and brought presents even though she was only 8 at the time. the little presents consisted of little flowers and flower crowns that she was excited to put on the soon-to-come baby girl's head. yongsun had always wanted a little sister, but unfortunately, she was the youngest, and the last child in her family.

"I'm so excited for them to come! " yongsun would exclaim, eyes turning into crescents followed by the biggest smile that was plastered on her face as she looked at her older sister who had life in her stomach. but all her cheers were ignored, with Mrs Lee rolling her eyes at her sister, and asking her to go play outside.

when y/n and mark were born, y/n was neglected by her own mother who even refused to breast feed her. but in the end she was forced to. after a few weeks, mark and y/n were brought home, once again, with y/n being neglected.

yongsun constantly visited the Lee family until mark and y/n turned 10 and she was 18. young y/n couldn't understand why her parents didn't give her as much attention as they did towards her brother, mark. but she didn't complain, she would just try to impress her parents with drawings and her grades, but they were all ignored. all the attention and praise went to mark, no matter what he did. the most attention she got was from her aunt, yongsun. whenever she visited, they would play together and draw together. these were the moments where young y/n felt the happiest.

one day when yongsun visited however, became the day that y/n would learn to hate her brother.

"yongsun" Mrs lee called.

"hmm? " the girl hummed in response until a bag was tossed at her. then, young y/n was presented in front of her. "she's yours now"

 "she's yours now"