smile: winwin

Warning ⚠: this is a sad story and contains words about death and suicide.

I felt like writing a sad story.

But still, enjoy :]

Ps, winwin doesn't die in this story so... Don't worry.

Genre: angst(?) , sad 

3.5K words 

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Winwin's pov

Her smile. It was beautiful. I've seen it ever so often. Her smile can make any boy or girl swoon over her. But sadly, she never shows it.

I've asked a few of my friends why she never smiled. She had many friends, quite popular not to mention, but she never shows her smile. None of my friends know either. I thought maybe, she had family problems, that's why she chooses not to smile. It would forever remain a mystery to me.

Her eyes were soft and gentle, but somehow it had a scary gaze as well. I can tell she's the quiet type. It's a wonder how she's so popular. She doesn't participate in activities much either. She's just a normal student. Everyday I pass by her locker, there will be notes and gifts by it. When she comes, she reads the notes and keeps them, but she has no reaction while reading it.

When I saw her smile once, my heart fluttered. She was sitting by a tree, reading a book, a cat passed by a sat beside her. She stroked its golden fur softly as she read, looking down at the cat ever so often with loving eyes and a soft smile. That's the closest I've seen to her smiling. But it was beautiful.

Call me a stalker but I was just there coincidentally. My friend, kun wanted me to eat outside at the school yard with him, I didn't decline. He ate his sandwich happily while my eyes darted to her.

I've talked to kun about her before. He too doesn't know much about her, he always found her a cold girl, but I tried to convince him otherwise.

"If you like her so much just talk to her and maybe asked her out" Kun said while munching on his chips. I sighed. "I'm scared"

"Just go" He said pushing me away from his table. Naturally, I stumbled and soon, she was right in front of me.

I wanted to curse at kun, but at the same time, this was my chance.

"H-hi... " I waved awkwardly.

"Hi" She said with no sign of emotion.

How do I talk to her.

I let my mouth and brain do the work. My heart panicked and I couldn't hear myself talk. My vision was as clear as ever. I saw her nod to the words I said. Slowly I saw her start to show a slight smile. I didn't know what I was saying but it seemed to be working.