just for you: l.jn

synopsis: you are an avid horror game fan

synopsis: you are an avid horror game fan. downside, you can't play it alone
genre: fluff, kind cliche ngl, childhood friend!jeno
4.9k words, not proofread

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

playing games was your ultimate hobby. growing up with 3 brothers, they have unintentionally molded you into a mini version of them. making you enjoy all the more masculine hobbies such as watching football, playing almost every kind of sport and of course, gaming. though you weren't that big of a fan or watching football games and consistently playing too many sports like your brothers, gaming was one of the things you were rather passionate about (to your parent's dismay). from roguelike games to cute farm simulator games like stardew valley, you'd spend most of your free time playing them.

not only that but you absolutely enjoyed watching youtubers play games as well. it was especially helpful when the games you wanted to play were paid for and you just went broke from clothes shopping and paying for other games that were on your wish list.

one of your favorite genre of games was horror.

unfortunately for you, you only took horror absolutely well when it's in the form of a movie or a game that someone else was playing.

for you yourself to play a horror game, 10 seconds in with the ominous music playing in the background would have your hands shaking from fear and heart rate increasing.

you did in fact try to play a horror game alone before. it well terribly and you ended up calling your friends in to play the multiplayer function of the game.

your fear of actually playing horror games yourself does not stop you from trying.

and that would be thanks to the help of lee jeno - the one friend that took horror extremely well in any form. his scare tolerance was so high he ended up befriending a demon in a theme park haunted house; leaving his friends to bully him (nicely) for his weirdness.

jeno had always been there for you via discord call whenever you wanted to tackle a new horror game. he'd guide you through the game and crack silly dad jokes to aid in your fear. if he felt like being a meanie, he'd scare you mid game and leave you whining in anger.

---

for some reason, it took you many years to discover the beauty of pirated games. after discovering a good and trustworthy pirating site for games, your wallet has never been happier.

and after rediscovering your love for the classic horror franchise - five nights at Freddy's, you decide to download all the games. from fnaf 1 to Freddy's pizzeria simulator, you downloaded them all. of course, jeno was the first person you called to watch you play.

---

"stop looking at the cameras. you're just wasting your battery!" jeno exclaims, his voice booming in your ears as you flip the camera down and anxiously check the lights on both your doors; even shutting them and wasting even more energy out of fear.