Such a cute family

Akshay's POV

As we entered we saw that there were some French fries. Just before the kids could touch it, Sakshi took the plate away from them. I was confused but what she said next made me smile.

'Did you both wash your hands?' She asked them. They shook their heads innocently. She glared at Adi with her hands on her hips.

'I don't have kids, di' he said as he raised his hands in surrender. She groaned before picking Pia up and holding Ro's hand while walking to the washroom. I continued looking at the three of them.

'You like her, don't you? What about her husband' Adi asked and I choked on the water I was having.

'What, no. I was just looking at Pia and Ro. And she is divorced, that idiot cheated on her' I replied and realized my mistake.

'When did I say anything about you looking at anyone. So you admit, you were looking at di?' he smirked knowing that he was right. I slowly nodded, no matter how much of an idiot he was, he was still one of the people who knew me better then myself. Befr

'You guys look cute together, I always thought you'll did. She was the only one who could argue and win against you' he stated. I just smiled as I remembered those days. Then I reminded myself that we were no longer teens and we had a lot of responsibilities.

'Look Adi, things are different now. We have a lot of responsibilities and I don't think either of us can trust people easily. Just forget your crazy ideas, please. I am just glad that Pia likes Sakshi. I have never seen Pia so happy' I said softly.

'Alright, I won't interfere, but if you do fall for her, like I think you will. Please don't stop yourself from feeling that emotion again. I know you didn't have a good experience the first time, but you can LOVE AGAIN.' He spoke like a mature adult for the first time in his life.

Before I could reply Sakshi and the kids returned. Both the kids were laughing and Sakshi smiled along.

'What are you both laughing at?' I asked curiously.

'Mumma had gone to the washroom and we scared her by doing boo when she came out' Ro said before laughing again. I looked up amused and he rolled her eyes at me before sitting down, between the kids. Ro sat right beside me on the circular table and pulled the chair closer to me. I smiled softly at the unconscious act. Sakshi was right, he needed a father-figure and he found that in me. I slowly ruffled his hair. Sakshi fed Pia a bite before feeding one to Ro. Ro didn't have it though. He just kept his mouth shut and shook his head.

'Baby, this is your favourite, why are you not eating it?' she asked confused.

'I want uncle to feed me' he said pointing at me. I grinned.

'See I am his favourite' I said sticking out my tongue at Sakshi while taking his plate over to my side. She gave both of us a fake frown before hugging Pia.

'Sweetie, who is your favourite, me or your daddy?' she asked.

'YOUUUUU' she said jumping onto Sakshi's lap. She just grinned back at the two and stuck her tongue out at us.

'Very mature Sakshi, and you were lecturing me on being a kid in the car' I teased. She just rolled her eyes and went back to feeding Pia and eating her food too.

'So now that you guys are done entertaining the kids, please tell me how you both met again and how the kids are so comfortable around you two' Adi asked, still eating his slice of Pizza, that had just arrived.

'Well, we met at their school. Remember the recital I was going to take you, before that meeting came up. So, actually I left Pia with her friends since I was getting a call. There I saw one of the kids was quite upset. So I walked over to him. I had still not seen Sakshi then. I realized it was her the second I saw her, but I calmed Ro down first, and I spoke to her after he left. After a while Pia had come to us while crying, apparently some people were bullying her. She told us about some bhaiya who saved her. It turned out to be Ro. Then Sakshi was able to calm her down and make her smile when she was still upset, so Pia became comfortable around Sakshi. Ro also did very well in the recital and thought that it was because of me, so he became comfortable around me. After that, I had gone over to meet Dhruv so all of us met again. We had told them a story from our high school times. I guess this is third time we are all meeting.' I told him.