New customer

The week had gone by with long tiring hours and the same old boring schedule. On Friday, just as I was about to leave, my assistant walked into the room hurriedly.

'Ma'am, I am very sorry. I completely forgot to tell you. Yesterday evening someone had called for an emergency appointment for today. They literally begged me, so I had said okay. They are here now. I am really sorry for not informing you ma'am' she said.

'That's alright, please send them in' I sighed as I settled on the couch in my office. I wanted to get this over with and run to my baby. A man, who admittedly looked quite handsome, with black hair and a height of about 5'11 walked into the room. He radiated a sense of warmth and gave me a bright smile. I couldn't help but return it.

'Hello Ms.Sinha, I am extremely sorry for this emergency appointment. Your assistant informed me that it was time for you to leave, so I am really very sorry' he started off.

'That's absolutely fine Mr...' I awkwardly asked since I didn't know who he was.

'Mr.Arora, but you can call me Aditya or better Adi. Mr Arora makes me feel old' he said kindly.

'Sure but only if you call me Sakshi' I replied back. He seemed nice.

'Well, how can I help you Aditya' I asked politely.

'Actually, you see, I am getting married and my engagement ceremony is next week. My fiancée is a shopaholic, so she has been shopping for 2-3 months and trying to drag me along. Don't take it the wrong way, I love her a lot, but she is a bit too much sometimes. So I lied to her and said that I had already chosen my clothes. Also, I said they would be black and white when she said she wanted to colour co-ordinate. Now I don't have anything and I need to get something made urgently. A friend of mine said you would be able to help' he looked at me pouting slightly. His features somehow looked familiar, but I shrugged it off.

'Aditya, I would love to make it for you but the time scale is too short, I don't know if I can' I thought.

'Pleaseee, if anyone can help me, you can' he said with puppy dog eyes. He looked too cute for me to say no.

'Okay fine. You know you remind me of someone. Anyways, do you want anything specifically, except the colour code' I asked.

'Umm no, just please don't use material that cause your skin to itch please' he begged.

'Okay fine, give me your number. I will send some of my designs that I think will suit you and also go well with your colour schemes, by tonight. I want you to go over them and choose what you want, max by tomorrow noon so that we can start making it. You will also have to come in on Tuesday. My assistant will let you know the time' He gave me his number and nodded and agreed with everything I said.

'Thank you so much, you are my saviour di' he said.

'Di?' I asked.

'Well, you are elder then me and you give me those sweet sister vibes, so di. I hope you don't mind?' he asked nervously.

'Of course I don't, see you soon Adi' I said with a smile. He grinned back as he realized that I called him Adi for the first time.

'Bye di' he waved one last time before he made his way out. I sent all the designs to Adi, and then made my way out, a few minutes later.

At home things were the same, all of us talked about our days before we went to our rooms. Bhabhi and I put the kids to bed, before we did the same ourselves. The day today had been quite amusing, Adi really reminded me of Akshay somehow, they were both antique pieces. I fell asleep with a smile on my face. I was actually happy with my life now.