We meet again

It was soon Sunday, things were going as per routine. Rohan woke up quite late, as did Mishti. Both of them were just lazing around and we let them. Finally, Bhabhi and I convinced them with the compromise that they would have a bubble bath. Mishti got ready first, after which I took Ro for a bath. He was messing around and throwing the bubble water on me. I did the same and we enjoyed ourselves for a while. Then I got him to take a proper shower. After a lot of haggling he finally got ready. I opened the room door and he ran out. I followed him tiredly.

'Mom your grandson is a vampire. He never gets tired. Look at what he did to me' I whined. Everyone chuckled at that, but one voice caught my attention. There in front of me sat Akshay Arora. Oh my, why did I always make a fool of my self in front of him.

This brought back a memory from high school.

Flashback

I am going to kill bhai. How dare he play that prank on me. Urgg...why did I listen to him. I should just stay away from bhai now that his best buddy is that stupid Akshay.

I stomped to bhai's room in a fit of anger and saw him standing shirtless, in his swimming trunks. I didn't wait for him to turn, I just started screaming.

'Bhai, I am not going to ever talk to you if you stay around that crazy Akshay Arrogant Arora. He is too much. You never played such stupid pranks on me. I am telling you he is a bad influence. Bhai please, pretty please stay away from him. For your little sister, please' I begged.

He slowly turned around and I was shocked to see Akshay. Oh damn! He looks hot.

'Glad you think so sweetheart' he smirked. Shit I said that out loud.

'Yes you did. I didn't know my charms worked on you too. Glad to know that' he winked.

'You' I spat venomously and stomped towards him. I started with hitting him on his arms but ended up hitting him on his chest. I didn't remember that he was shirtless.

'Ouch'

'Shit'

'Oh god, save me please' he screamed as he ran around the room. I chased behind him and finally cornered him. I hit him once again on his chest. This time though he caught my hand and cornered me instead.

'Darling, if you wanted to touch me you could have said so. You don't need to come up with such lame excuses' he whispered. I shivered slightly before pushing him away.

'Oh shut up. Just stay from my brother. You are a bad influence on him. My brother, who treated me like a princess and never troubled me has started playing pranks on me. So please STAY AWAY. Clear?'

'Crystal' he said before laughing 'Oh god, you should have seen your face when I trapped you.'

'Shut up' I hissed. He raised his hands in surrender before walking out of the room.

Present time

I blushed as I remembered that incident. Why is it that I always embarrass myself in front of him. I was pulled into the reality by two small hands wrapping on my legs I looked down to see Pia. Aww, she looked very cute in her sky blue dress, just like a princess. I bent down and picked her up.

'Hi sweetie, how are you?'

'I am fine aunty. You know, I wanted to meet you and Bhaiya again. Yesterday, I told daddy but he said you had some work. I am so happy we came here today' she hugged me tight. She is just to cute.

'Ya yesterday I had some work, but I am so happy you came today Sweetie.' I covered up for Akshay, I could understand why he told her that. In fact, Ro had also not stopped asking me about Akshay.

'Well, why don't you go play with Ro and Mishti' I told her as I pulled her cheeks. I looked at Ro and Mishti. They seemed excited to have one more partner-in-crime. I put her down and asked them to go play in the room. They nodded and ran away happily.

I finally looked at all the adults in the room. All of them were still amused at my state. I glared at all of them before I made my way to my room. I really needed to change. I quickly had a short shower, and changed into a simple navy top and white high-waisted jeans. I left my hair open, since it was still wet and I made my way outside. I entered the living room and saw everyone laughing.

'What is going on?' I asked.

'Just like the old days, Akshay is entertaining everyone' Dad replied still stifling his laughter.

'Oh, I see' I replied as I settled down near mom's feet. I put my head in her lap and listened to everyone talk about their lives. Everyone was catching up and enjoying themselves. I realized that it was almost lunch time. So I got up and gestured Bhabhi to do the same.

'Mom, Bhabhi and I are going to go feed the kids and then set up the table. We'll come and call all of you soon' I said. Then I looked at Akshay hoping he was fine with it. He just smiled, so I nodded at him before we made our way to the kids' room.

'Wow, you guys can converse without even talking. Nice, nice' Bhabhi teased.

'Oh shut up. Bhabhi, please I am not interested in all of this. You know that' I said sadly.

'Sakshi, look I was just teasing you. But, on a serious note, just remember love doesn't only happen once. And, you fall in love at the most unexpected times in your life. Don't let one bad experience keep you away from being happy. Just remember my words. Now, let's go get the kids out for lunch' I just nodded.

My thoughts were still on what Bhabhi had said. Was she correct ? Was it possible to love again? Before she could think any further they reached the kids room and opened the door.

'Kidoz time for lunch. Let's go, you'll can play after that' Bhabhi says. All of them pouted but reluctantly agreed. Pia and Ro both ran to me and held one hand each. It was quite natural, as if they had been doing that their whole lives. Bhabhi looked at me and raised an eyebrow, but I just shrugged, I didn't know how to react. Pia was very comfortable with me, even though we had met only once. I was also growing attached to her. I just shrugged it off and made my way to the kitchen with both of them skipping along. Bhabhi was following us with Mishti in her arms. Everyone in the living room looked at us with a smile. Pia stopped as if she suddenly realized something. She reluctantly left my hand and walked to Akshay.

'Daddy, I know that you usually feed me, but is it okay if aunty feeds me, please? You won't feel bad na papa' she asked pouting innocently.

'Of course not princess. Just don't throw tantrums and eat properly' he replied smiling at her.

'Okay daddy, deal. Thank you daddy, love you' saying that she ran back to me. She was just too adorable. I smiled at her before we walked to the kitchen. I made Ro and Pia sit there as Bhabhi did the same with Mishti. Bhabhi and me fed them as they continued to talk to one another. I was happily sitting between Pia and Ro, feeding both of them alternately. Their conversations were quite random, usually about a cartoon they watched on the TV.

'Mumma can you tell us about the pranks you and Pia's daddy played on each other. Mamu was saying that it was very funny. He said that you both used to fight everyday' Ro asked.

'Bhai told you that?' I asked. Ro just nodded. I will have to speak to bhai, remind him of all the pranks I can play if he repeats something like this again.

'Well-' I started off, but someone cut me off.

'I'll tell you' Akshay interrupted. Bhai was following behind him, as if that would save him from my wrath. I glared at bhai and looked at Akshay to continue.

'Kids, you'll listen to Akshay, I'll be back in a minute with more breads for you' I said before walking to the kitchen. Just then I remembered something.

'Akshay, you better not make up any stories about how you beat me' I warned him before looking at the kids.

'See, I am telling you, if he says that he won against me at anything, except sports, just don't believe him, okay kids?' I said.

'Yes mom'

'Yes aunty'

'Yes bua'

Hearing their answers, I quickly walked to the kitchen. I continued smiling, those high school memories would stay with me forever.