Day at the Arora's

Hey guys, I am not discontinuing this story, I promise. I am going to complete it. I might do it slowly, once in a while 'coz I am working on 2 other books and my 11th grade along with this. Pretty please bear with me. For those of you who have read my other books, I will start updating the spin off of 'The Substitute bride' very soon. For those of you that haven't read my other books do give them a try. For now, Dive in!!

Sakshi's POV

Akshay and Adi dropped us back. I kept thinking about Ro's face. He hardly acted vulnerable like this, he acted older then his age and I know circumstances made him that way. I just wish things were different. Akshay seems to make him very happy. He has never been happier. I guess Akshay's presence may actually be good for him. And as for Pia, she is the sweetest girl ever, seeing her upset today made me cry, this was not fair on them. I guess God had something else planned for them. Thinking of all these things, I didn't realize when I fell asleep. The next morning I was woken up by my bed shaking. My first thought was it was an earthquake, but just then I saw my little monster jumping on the bed. I got up and caught him before he could run away. 

'Why are you jumping my little monkey?' I asked him, while I held his little hands with one hand and tickled him with the other. He kept laughing, once he finally composed himself he replied. 

'We're going to meet Piu, Chachu and uncle today right?' he said still bouncing with excitement. I nodded with a smile, happy to see him like this. 

'We'll have breakfast and then go...okay bub?' I asked him. 

'Okay mumma...but can we go jaldi(quickly)' he said with a pout. 

'Okay baby, now go to your washroom and start brushing, I'll be there in a minute to help you' I told him. He nodded enthusiastically and practically skipped out of the door. 

I made my way to the kitchen and told her about mine and Ro's absence during lunch. She nodded and agreed as enthusiastically as Ro had just 5 minutes prior. I think she was hoping that Akshay and I would end up falling for one another. I don't think that will ever happen. I don't think, I'll ever be able to really trust a guy enough to let him in.

Once both of us were ready, we got in the car and made our way to their place. It was not too far, so in 20 minutes we were there. I drove in through the gate and parked near the other cars. Their house was not just a mansion, it was a huge castle. It was passed down generation by generation in their family. It was majestic, just the way I remembered it all those years ago. Ro was looking at the structure with awe as we walked to the door. I rang the door bell and it was soon opened by Krina aunty. Aunty looked just like she did so many years back, she had a few grey hair, but other then that nothing had changed. She smiled brightly at me, welcoming us in. Once we stepped inside, she engulfed me in a hug just like mom usually does. 

'It has been a long time beta' she said and I nodded feeling nostalgic. Aunty pulled back and smiled warmly at me before she looked at Ro

'And who is this little prince?' she asked with a big smile. 

'I am Rohan, but I like you so you can call me Ro' he replied with a cute smile. Aunty awed before she picked him up and hugged him tight. He returned the hug happily. 

'Where is Piyu and uncle?' he asked finally as though realizing that they are not around.  

'Bub it is Where are Piyu and uncle not is' I said correcting him, he nodded but was not really paying attention. He was impatient to meet them. 

'They were waiting to meet you'll but Piyu dropped something on her dress and wanted to change so they will be here in a minute' aunty explained. I nodded in understanding and Ro made an O expression, that caused aunty to gush over him and give him a kiss on the cheek.

'Ro, di, you'll are finally here' I heard Adi's voice. He walked over and hugged us. 

'Hi buddy, how are you feeling today?' he asked Ro. 

'I am super duper happy that I can spend my day with Uncle, Piyu and you' he replied with a grin. 

'Good, because we are going to have a lot of fun today' Adi told him picking him up and hugging him.

'Bhaiiiiiiii' a loud voice, which we recognized as Piyu shouted, as she ran over to Ro. Adi put him down and the two kids hugged each other tight. 

'Hi Piyu' he said still hugging her. The two of them were too adorable together. Once they pulled away, Piyu walked up to me and motioned with her hands, asking me to pick her up. I complied and immediately picked her up. 

'Hi sweetie' I said. 

'Hi aunty' she replied cutely getting comfortable in my arms. That was when I noticed Akshay. He was sitting on the sofa with Ro standing between his legs, doing some weird boy handshake. He seemed to be enjoying so everything was fine. 

'Hi Akshay' I said softly. 

'Hey Sakshi' he replied looking at me, before going back to listen to whatever Ro was telling him, probably something about cars. I couldn't usually pay attention or understand Ro's fascination with cars, and Akshay has always loved cars. I am glad he now has someone he can talk to about this. 

'Aunty, you know papa read me a book' she told me. Oh, so she liked books, that was amazing, I love to read.

'Which book baby?' I asked her. 

'He read all the little Ms. books for me' she told me. 

'Oh that's awesome, which one do you love the most?' I asked her, since that used to be my favourite series to as a child. 

'Little Ms. Scatterbrain, it is so funny' she answered immediately and started laughing. Her laughter was so contagious that I couldn't help but laugh along. Once we stopped laughing, we noticed everyone looking at us. 

'What are you'll talking about?' Akshay asked. 

'Little Ms. Scatterbrain' Piyu immediately responded. 

'Ohh, I see, Piyu you know, even Sakshi was like you. She used to love reading alot. I would usually find her with her nose in some or the other book' he teased with a genuine happy smile. He was just playing around. 

'Hey, it was better then always running around the football or cricket field sweaty and stinky' I retorted. He just shrugged.

'Well, now that everyone is done talking, can we start the preparations please, my engagement is in 2 days, not 2 months. Also, kidoz, you'll can play with each other in Piyu's room or you'll can stay with one adult as we work and talk to us' Adi said. 

'I will be with Aunty' Piyu said. 

'I will be with Uncle' Ro said at the very same time. 

'I guess its decided then' Adi said with a smile. 

Hey guys, that's the end of this update, stay tuned for the next update. I hope you'll liked this chapter.

 If you'll did, do vote, comment and share.

 Stay safe and take care.

 Love you guys!!!