Remembering Highschool

Akshay's POV(SURPRISEEE)

I made my way to the dining room along with Dhruv. We were both talking about life in general when we overheard Rohan asking Sakshi for some funny stories from our time at high school. I smiled amused by the question. There were so many memories that were hilarious. Dhruv looked scared when he heard Rohan saying that Dhruv had told him to ask about them. I thought of letting them know of my presence.

'I'll tell you' I interrupted. Dhruv was following behind me, as if that would save him from Sakshi's wrath. she glared at her brother and looked at me to continue.

'Kids, you'll listen to Akshay, I'll be back in a minute with more breads for you' she said before walking to the kitchen. She returned a second later. She pointed her index finger at me and warned me.

'Akshay, you better not make up any stories about how you beat me' she said before looking at the kids.

'See, I am telling you, if he says that he won against me at anything, except sports, just don't believe him, okay kids?' she told them. She looked quite adorable, she was still the same bossy girl I knew at school. She looked beautiful, even more when she was stern or angry. I just loved to annoy her. I was brought back to the present with a jolt as the kids answered.

'Yes mom'

'Yes aunty'

'Yes bua'

Hearing their answers, she quickly walked to the kitchen. I continued smiling.

Bhabhi's phone rang and she informed us that she had to go out with Mishti. Mishti pouted, but I promised that I would tell her all the stories some other day. She was happy with that and made her way out after bidding a farewell to everyone. Her and Pia hugged, they looked quite cute, just like proper sisters.

'We'll just wait for Sakshi to come back. You know, she will kill me, if I say something she doesn't agree with' I said smiling at the kids. They covered their mouths while looking behind me. Before I could turn around, I felt someone pulling my ear.

'Is that so' she said while still pulling my ear.

'Ouchhh' I whined just like I used to when we were kids. The children giggled looking at us.

'You find that funny do you' I looked at them mock threateningly. They just continued laughing. I quickly held both of them since they were sitting on either side of me and tickled them. They laughed out loudly and all the others also laughed along. All this seemed so natural. I was so content after such a long time.

'Maaaaaaa, help us' Rohan shouted, still laughing. Sakshi looked at me, still laughing and shook her head. I understood and stopped tickling them.

'Thanks a lot maa' Rohan said as he ran and hugged her.

'Ya thank you' Pia said and did the same.

'See I am their favourite' Sakshi said, sticking her tongue out at me teasingly. I pouted and she laughed at that.

'Anyways should we start with the story. We will tell you just one today. You have to be good babies to get to listen to the others' she told them. They nodded excited. She placed Pia on the place she was sitting earlier and I got up and placed Rohan on his chair. Then I motioned for her to sit between them as she was feeding them. I took the seat beside Rohan. Dhruv sat on my other side and uncle aunty, who had just arrived, listening to all the laughter, sat on the remaining chairs.

Sakshi fed both of them alternatively and then nodded at me to start the story.

'This story is of when we first met, she was a new student at our school. I was quite popular, and had a lot of friends. So on the first day of 11th grade, I was walking to class when I bumped into a girl, I didn't know it was Sakshi. I behaved quite rudely and told her to stay out of my way. Then I was teasing her about her height saying that of course she couldn't see me because of height. You know, I thought she will cry and run away like all the other girls, but she didn't. She looked at me right in the eye and said. So true, I am short so I can't see you. You are quite tall, Mr.Arrogant, so you should be able to see me right. Oh, I didn't realize, your eyes realize things because your brain sends signals, but you don't have a brain so you can't see. I get it, I feel really bad for you. Do you want me to help you to class. Saying that she had pushed me and walked away. I just didn't have an answer. You know, that was the first time I didn't have an answer. She was the first person who spoke against me. Everyone either liked me or was scared of me. She was the only unique piece who fought against me, so it was a lot of fun to fight with her.' I told them.