Fights and pain

Hey guys, I hope you'll enjoy the chapter
Sakshi's POV
"Can you please be my mumma" she asked me. I froze at the question. Everyone seemed to have gone silent. If it was just upto me, I would have immediately said yes, I thought of her as my daughter already. But I knew that what Akshay wanted had to be factored in, so I turned to him. The look of hurt on his broke my heart. He seemed shocked at her direct question.
"No she can't" Akshay answered rudely, the hurt look being replaced by anger. Pia looked heartbroken as tears started streaming down her face.
"Why can't she be my mumma" Pia asked in the same tone.
"She does everything a mumma is supposed to do. If I get hurt she kisses my hurt. If I'm unwell she takes care of me. She gives me as many Huggies and kissies I want. She feeds me. She is my mummy" Pia continued to say.
"Pia she is not your mother. Plain and simple. Now let's go to your room. It's already your bedtime" he said picking her up and heading back in the house. I couldn't bear the tears on my princess' face so I vowed to talk to him about all of this and his behaviour. Even if he wanted to say no, he shouldn't have shouted on her. I turned to my side to see Ro crying as well.
"Betu why are you crying?" I asked with a sigh.
"Because Piu was crying mumma. She's my sister, I don't like to see her cry" he said sadly. He'd also started considering her to be his sister. I really needed to talk to Ro. After a little more time, all the guests had left and we headed inside. I took Ro to Pia's room since he wanted to check up on her.
Upon entering the room I saw Pia's little figure standing quietly by the window. Her little whimpers broke my heart into tiny pieces. She turned around when she heard the creek of the door. Looking at me, she started crying loudly again. Ro ran to her and hugged her tight.
"Shh, it's all going to be fine Piu" he said comforting her. I walked up to the two of them and wrapped my arms around both of them. After a while they both calmed down and I made them get in bed.
"I won't be able to sleep" Pia said softly.
"Even I won't sleep till you don't sleep" Ro said stubbornly.
"Why don't you'll build a fort and have a sleepover then" I wanted the mood to get a little lighter and I guess I picked the perfect thing since both of them smiled wide and agreed immediately.
After five more minutes I left them to be by themselves.
I walked out of the room and headed towards Akshay's room I had to talk to him. He is her father, but why did he shout at her like that?
I knocked on the door but got no response. Usually I would have spoken to him about this whole thing later, but today I had a gut feeling that he was awake so I opened the door slowly.
As I entered the room,I saw him on the sofa in the balcony. I walked up to him and sat beside him. He seemed to finally notice me. What he did afterthat left me completely surprised.
He pulled me down and made me lie in his arms.I tried to get out of his hold but he just tightened his arms around me.
"Stay?" he whispered is my ear. I don't know why, but I stopped moving. I settled myself more comfortably. We lay there quietly for a while before he finally spoke "You know I loved you all those years ago, before you left for college and before Pia's mother entered my life. Now everyone is hoping for us to get together but I just can't love again" he murmured. I could feel his tears on my face as he held me close to himself.
"I loved you too, at that time, but since you were bhai's friend I thought you'd never look at me that way. I stopped hoping for anything and then I went away for college. I got busy in Delhi and met one of the worst men in the world. And now we're both here.Sometimes, things that are destined to happen, will happen no matter what.it is very difficult for me to love again, but I am willing to give it a chance if you are. I don't want to live with the regret of not giving it a try.And there is no other man I can ever trust. You are the only one.
Even if not for us, think about the kids. Take your time, but give it a thought. It's very difficult to be both, a mumma and papa and even more difficult to spend your whole life alone. We may not love each other anymore, but we definitely don't make each other miserable. At some point, our parents will push us to marry other people. My mom has already started asking me. It's better to be with someone you can atleast like then someone you'll marry because of family pressure. Think about it atleast, promise me you will" I told him a little desperately thinking about everything that had been happening recently. I started crying too. I felt his hands wipe my tears. He whispered a soft I promise and shut his eyes. I didn't realize when I fell asleep with his comforting arms around me. I missed being held like this. The last few weeks had pushed me back into the past, I'd started thinking of a future with him again. I wished things fell in place and I could finally have my ideal happy family with Ro, Piu and him.
Hey guys, I hope you all liked this update. I have typed the whole thing on my phone, so excuse my errors please.
If you did like the chapter, please do vote, comment and share. Your comments make my day.
Love you guys!!!