Adi's Engagement

Hey guys, hope you'll are doing fine. Sorry for not updating regularly. Have been out for the last few days, I hope you'll like the update. 

Sakshi's POV

I woke up early in the morning to see Ro already awake. He was looking at me with a lot of excitement in his eyes. 

'Why are you up so early Ro?' I asked him. 

'It's Adi chachu's wedding and I can meet Akshay uncle again' he said happily. 

'Yes betu, but we have to get ready first' I told him, glad to see him soo happy and excited. 

'Okay mumma, but can we go fast fast' he said. I nodded and picked him up taking him to the washroom. I helped him get ready and then got ready myself. 

'Nani this is so itchy' I heard him complain to mom.

'But Ro don't you want to look nice for your chachu's engagement' she asked him. 

'I want to' he replied back immediately. 

'Well then you have to bear this a little' she told him. He nodded cutely looking dejected. 

'Mom are all of you ready?' I asked. 

'Yes beta' I nodded. All of us got into two cars with Ro, Mishti, Papa and me in one car and Bhabhi, bhai and mom in the other. An hour later we reached the venue. I saw aunty running around the place. I quickly walked over to her. 

'Aunty can I help you with something? You should not be running around so much' I told her. 

'Beta there are just so many things to do and yes you can help me. Can you go in the house and get Piyu ready, she is very cranky today, we don't know why, but she is not allowing any of us to dress her up' she told me. I immediately nodded. 

'Thank you so much beta, that would be a great help' she told me, she quickly kissed my forehead and then rushed away. 

I made my way inside concerned about why Piyu was behaving the way she was. I walked into the room and heard her wails. 

'Hi Piyu' I said softly. 

'Hi aunty' she whimpered. 

'What happened to my princess?' I asked her. She didn't say anything, just kept crying. I looked at Akshay who looked helpless, clueless and upset. 

'Akshay, why don't you go help aunty with some work, I'll talk to her' I told him. He just nodded and then made his way out, looking at both of us once more. Once he was out, I walked to the bed and sat beside her. 

'What happened princess?' I asked her, softly caressing her hair. She just hugged me tight and continued crying. 

'Betu, I am your friend right, you can tell me anything, whatever is on your mind. Also strong girls like my Piyu don't cry' I told her. She calmed down after 5 minutes and told me what was bothering her. 

'Aunty, I don't want Adi chachu to be sad if chachi leaves him like my mumma left my papa. I don't want them to get married' she told me. Oh my!

'Betu, see, sometimes some people who get married to each other can't be happy with each other, so they don't stay together, like your mumma papa and me and Ro's papa, but there are also some people who stay together happily na baby, like your dadi and dadu. So how can you think negatively. We should always stay positive(A/N-Except in corona times 😂)' I told her. 

'Yes aunty, you are right. You are so smart' she said kissing my cheeks. I just smiled at her. 

'Now is it okay if I dress you up?' I asked. 

'On one condition' she said like she was doing business with me. 

'And what is that' I asked raising an eyebrow amused by her behaviour. She was really a mini-copy of her father. 

'You will dress me up just like you, you look so pretty aunty' she said. I chuckled and nodded. 

'Thank you and deal, now princess let's get you ready' I said. Half an hour later she was ready. I asked her to look in the mirror. She slowly turned around and grinned. 

'I look so pretty aunty' She said with a bright smile. I nodded and agreed. 

'You look like the prettiest girl in all of the land' I told her. 

'That's from snow white' she said happily clapping her hands. 

'Yes it is, now let's go princess or your daddy will come to check whether I have kidnapped you' I said. She laughed and got of the stool. Both of us made out way out. Aunty noticed us, looked at me gratefully and then went back to her work. Adi smiled at me. Uncle grinned and nodded in approval noticing that I had managed to get Piyu ready. That's when I noticed Akshay walking towards me with Ro on his shoulders. 

'Just how did you?' he asked me. 

'That's a girls secret, isn't it Piyu' I said winking at her. 

'Yes it is' she nodded grinning at me. 

'Uncle we also have to keep secrets now' Ro said looking a little jealous. 

'I agree champ' he said.

'Children, all of you come here, it is time for the people from the girls side to arrive, move to the gates' Aunty told us. We nodded and walked there along with the kids. The girls side arrived and the entire ritual took place. 

After the ceremony, I took the kids to one of the tables and fed both Piyu and Ro, just as they finished Akshay walked over with the desserts. Both of them were extremely happy. 

Author's POV

At the other end of the room, two other people saw this unconventional family and their happiness.

'I just wish' Sakshi's mom said. 

'I just wish that they would both move on and start a new life together' She said. 

'I completely agree, I've always loved Sakshi as a daughter, I always wished that this would happen. It seems like god is pushing them closer and giving them one more chance, I wish they take it' Akshay's mother said. 

'I hope so' they said in unison. 

Back to Sakshi's POV

The four of us were enjoying the desserts when Piyu suddenly said something that completely changed the atmosphere 

Hey guys, I hope you'll liked this is update.

If you'll did, do vote, comment and share. Your comments bring a smile to my face. 

Take care and stay safe

Love you guys!!!