Realising Connections

The weekend was calm and quite with my whole family chilling out and playing board games. Bhai had a holiday so he took the kids out for a drive while Bhabhi and me rested for a while. Children were adorable but they drained you out of energy.

Monday was a holiday for the kids, due to some protests that were going on, so I decided to take Ro to office with me. He was quite excited since he loved how my assistant pampered him. Once we got there, I left Ro with my assistant and made my way to my office. When I was working, I suddenly remembered Adi's ensemble. Oh god, I needed some more measurements because of the Kurta pajama set he had chosen. I quickly called him up

(S- Sakshi and A-Aditya)

S-Hi

A-Hey

S- Adi I need you to come here as I have to take some extra measurements for the Kurta pajama set you have chosen.

A- Di, can you please, please do me a favour. I know that we are not close but please can you come to my office and get them. I have back to back meetings till 9 o'clock today. I know it is too much but please.

S- Fine, message me the location and I will be there at 4.

A- Thanks a lot di, you are really the best. My saviour. I am actually going to change your contact name to that.

S- Haha...You call me di and then say so much thank you, not done. You decide, either call me di and don't say thank you or say thanks and forget that I am your sister.

A- Okay di, no more thank you. Chalo bye, I am just stepping into the conference room.

S- Bye, best of luck, see you soon.

With that I cut the call. He actually behaved like a little brother would have. I had always wanted a younger brother, and somehow I found that in Adi. I smiled before I continued working. At quarter to five, I finally left from the office and made my way to Arora's Law Firm along with Ro. I asked the receptionist for Aditya Arora and she asked me to take the elevator to the 10th floor. I did as I was asked. As I entered the 10th floor lobby, a receptionist there showed me to his room. She asked me to enter and opened the door for me. Adi was sitting there with his head in his hands. He seemed tired and stressed.

'Hey' I said. He looked up at me and smiled.

'Hi di' that was when he noticed Rohan at my hip.

'Your son?' he asked. I nodded and smiled at Ro.

'Ro say hi to uncle' I said.

'Hi uncle' Ro said happily.

'Hi Ro' Adi replied equally enthusiastically 'Di, I would love to talk but I have a meeting in 10 minutes so can you take the measurements quickly, please' he pouted. I nodded laughing and asked him to stand up. A few minutes later Ro spoke again.

'Maa, he looks very similar to Pia's daddy' Ro pointed out.

'That is because he is my brother, Ro' said another voice, one that I knew very well, Akshay Arora. Oh god, how did I not make the connection. They had the same surname, similar features, similar behaviours and worked at the same law firm. I turned around and saw Ro running to him. Akshay bent down and swiftly picked Ro up.

'Hi champ' he said grinning. Rohan didn't reply but just hugged him in return, aww.

'I missed you too buddy' Akshay replied. Ro had really missed him, he had asked me about Akshay every single day since we last met.

'You guys know each other?' Aditya asked, confused. I laughed at his face.

'Yes we do. Remember, Sakshi Sinha, the girl I used to annoy at school. My best buddy, Dhruv's little sister. Well, she is standing there, right beside you taking your measurements' he said.