I looked at her pissed. "You wanna tell me something?"

She grew scared. "It's not what it looks like."

"You better start talking." I told her shutting the door behind me.

"When I tell you... please do not let it leave this room. It should remain between us." She pleaded. I just nodded to make her keep talking on why she was crying as if someone died and she was looking at my girl's picture. "When I was young... my father was a preacher, basically he never approved of anything that would tarnish the family's last name.. I was doing so good never disobeyed my parents, I was good in my studies and social life at school. Then when I was 14 soon to be 15.... I fell pregnant." She paused and looked at my expression.

"Wait... you're-"

"-and that was the end of my relationship with my father, he disowned me. My mother and I moved to this country with my grandmother and life was tough. Both women were not working... my mother has been a housewife ever since she got married to my father and my grandmother was dependent on the government for all the kids she was fostering. She opened up her home to a lot of people, we were a lot and with so many mouths to feed, I knew that keeping the baby was gonna put more strain at home. I come from a religious family so abortion wasn't an option, I went ahead with the pregnancy, my mother and my grandmother were supportive but as I was going to the clinic for my check ups I met a nurse there and we became very close-"

"That's Mrs Parker, isn't it?" I asked connecting the dots.

She nodded. "I let her in, on what was happening, and we both came to the decision that it would be better if I gave up my baby for adoption we went through the legal route, social workers got involved and I won't lie... I wasn't quite happy with everything but I was at peace that at least my baby will have a home and a family that will love and support her better than I would've... So after giving birth the nurse legally took the role of being a mother to my baby."

"So Brianni definitely doesn't know." I sighed. Shit... now I'm in this mess too.

"I thought that maybe when I am older I could reunite with her... I was so depressed without her, I started doing the wrong things hoping for my life to end every day. So, to feel better, I started writing her letters and sent them, but she never responded to any of them only her adoptive mother did and told me how happy she is. She even sent me pictures and that's when I saw that if I force the issue I'll only complicate things... she's happy... and it's fine by me because it's all I ever wanted" her voice broke. "I just wish one day she could know about me and not hate me."

Brianni

My mother was pacing up and down in the living room all angry about what I told her earlier on. "Oh my God! I can not believe this shit!" I didn't know what to say to her. My phone vibrated in my hands and it was Zion. My mother looked at me I also looked at her. She rolled her eyes. "what you looking at me for? Answer the phone!"

I stood up and went to answer it in the kitchen. "Hey." I greeted.

"Hey. I hope I am not disturbing you." He said softly making my insides turn.

"not really..." I smiled a little looking at my mom listening on us. I went to my room.

"how are you feeling now?" He asked.

"I will be fine..."

"I know that you will be fine. I am asking you, how you feeling now?" He repeated.

I exhaled. "It still hurts, especially knowing that the was a possibility that he could've hurt me too and I really wanted some peace and happiness not this."