eight

Brianni

I didn't expect everyone to act so cold towards my engagement with Andre. I really had hope that my mother wasn't gonna have a problem with it seeing that he is a well respected person compared to Zion.

I thought that maybe Dre was another shit show when I saw him that day shooting that man for me but he remained sweet and kind hearted he hasn't hurt me or given me any reason as to not trust him. He was what my heart needed to heal...

It was late at night and I was sitting on the couch with Taela, we were drinking juice. "So... are you and Kam official now?" I asked her.

"we're getting there..." she smiled.

"So now you can officially say that you like her?" I smirked. She's been saying she's just after the money, but I think she grew feelings for her.

"she's a good person and I have grown close to her, I haven't messed with nobody for a while now. I just wish she would stop fucking me up and see that I really like her" She told me.

"Maybe she still thinks you're after the money, she'll come around. This sounds like a serious relationship..." I said surprised Tae would take anyone serious in a relationship.

"I can't keep going over the same shit, Bri..." she looked at me with eyes that held a lot of hurt. "I am not a lesbian, I never even liked girls in that way, I just saw someone that I like. Yes, money was the reason I even started entertaining her, but I found myself falling for her... I just wish she would stop messing with all these bottom of the barrel ass bitch. But... she really makes me happy "

"as long as you happy then I'm happy." I smiled hugging her.

"Thank you. Your ring is beautiful..." she admired it.

I smiled admiring it with her. I still can't believe I will be someone's wife. "...thank you."

"are you sure that you wanna commit yourself? I mean, marriage is a huge step..." she looked at me.

I sighed. "I know, but I am done playing, I love Dre and I wanna settle down with him."

"... I wish you all the best."

"thank you." I replied. I heard my mother's bedroom door opening she hasn't come out ever since I dropped the bombshell on her.

"Brianni..." she looked at me. "Come to my room...  I wanna talk to you." Tae and I looked at each other, I put my glass on the table and went into her bedroom. I sat on her bed. "what is going on?" I didn't know how to reply to that because she looked pissed. "Engagement, Brianni?"

"Ma-"

"what are you doing? this is not you..." she sighed. She was coming up with questions that were difficult for me to reply to. "do you even love him?"

I nodded playing with my fingers. "I do."

"No, you don't." She said in an angry tone. I still remained quiet. "you cannot even look me in the eye and tell me that you love him... baby, your heart still belongs to Zion, you're using Andre as a rebound to comfort yourself."

I finally looked at her. "that's not true."

"it is true, after your break up with Zion, you didn't give yourself time to mourn over the breakup but instead you jumped straight to another relationship." She snapped.

"Ma, Zion and I are done for good." I told her. She keeps trying to make me talk with him.

"I know that I said I will put your happiness first, but what you're doing now... I don't know..." she sighed folding her arms. "you're not even disappointing me, but you hurting yourself more and more."

"I love Andre."

"but Zion-"

I cut her off. "Zion slept with Brandi, ma!"

"so that anger is driving you to make rush decisions?! And you know how petty your sister can be. She probably did all of that just to break you two up." She said.

"... I just want to move on." I told her.

She exhaled. "okay, are you sure about this?"

I nodded. "Yes, I am."

Zion

The following morning I woke up very early at around 5am. I took my blunts, and went to watch TV. I kept on smoking a lot of blunts. Things between me and Brianni are just fucked up, I love her but she has a lot of growing up to do.

All the tantrums she throws, she's too much and sometimes she drives me crazy, but she's all mine. I was waiting for Kev to give me something on Dre  yesterday when we spoke on the phone last night he said that he is making progress. The door unlocked and opened, I knew that was Krystina. She made her way to the lounge humming a song. "Zion...? Am I late?" She looked at her watch.

"no, I just woke up early." I told her still facing the blank TV.

"is everything okay?" She noticed my mood then she started coughing from all that smoke. "sorry about that, I have been smoking a lot." I told her pressing the blunt down on the ashtray.

"I can tell..." She walked around then I heard windows being opened. "what's wrong with you?"

"it's nothing..."

"okay... uhm, I'll start with my work. Thank you for yesterday, I enjoyed my birthday." She smiled.

I nodded. "Happy belated birthday."

"thank you." She said then walked out. My phone vibrated on the table and it was a text from Kevin.

got the bastard, I emailed you everything and you gonna go crazy after this
-kev

Brianni

Andre and I carried out our morning tradition as always but this time we had the coffee in his office instead of the coffee shop. I was having coffee with a strawberry cake and he was having coffee with a muffin. "how is everything going with your neighbour? Have they arrested the boyfriend yet?" I asked him.

While he was about to go through the story with me, his receptionist, Deonté walked in and knocked I don't know why he knocked because he was already inside. "sir..." Dre looked at him. "your wife is here to see you..." he said with a remorseful look.

I swear Andre almost fell off his chair, his eyes even widened. He wiped his mouth with a napkin "Simone is here?"

Before Deonté could reply, I heard the sound of heels making their way in. I focused on the door and some lady was standing there, she was a beautiful dark skinned woman and her outfit was on point too.

 I focused on the door and some lady was standing there, she was a beautiful dark skinned woman and her outfit was on point too

"My love... wha-what are you doing here?" He jumped to attend to her. It was like I was cast in a movie or something. My face was confused the entire time, my body froze in that seat. This man just proposed to me. What is going on? I thought the divorce was finalized...

She looked around with her nostrils flared, she was breathing out fire and her facial expression spelled out attitude. "can I get you something to drink?" Deonté asked trying to break the ice. Simone looked at him from head to toe and then focused back on Dre.

"It's alright..." Dre replied. His receptionist walked back to the reception. I was sitting there not knowing what to say or do I was frozen in my chair shocked out of my body... clearly this man has been lying to me.