ten

Zion

I was standing at the kitchen next to the stove were my mother was preparing dinner And Krysti was helping her. She saw how upset I was about the incident earlier, she respected my privacy and didn't mention it to my mother. "Zion baby, please open the oven for me." Mom asked while she held the pan that had the mac and cheese in her hands.

I opened the oven and she put it in. I kept on thinking about Bri. I don't want that nigga to keep messing with her and seeing her lately made me miss her so fucking bad. "I have been doing a lot of thinking lately and..." I said giving her a look.

She gave me a worried look. "about what?"

I looked at her. "I'm thinking about fixing things with Brianni again."

She confusingly smiled at me. "that's good... but isn't she with another guy?"

I opened the fridge and took out a bottle of water. "that didn't go well."

"what happened?" She carried on preparing the food.

"he is a sick motherfucker...." I watched her face change hearing what I was saying "he was sexually violating little girls and using them in drug trafficking."

Her face changed into worry again. "Brianni's life is in danger... Is she alright? I need to call her later on tonight."

"she's hurt... and very upset. I don't blame her though." I sighed. It did make me feel guilty that I gave her some time to cool off and this nigga was using her to get to me.

Mom sighed. "Poor girl... she's just a baby. I must call her and invite her to come with me to church." I just nodded. "so when are you fixing things with her?"

"I'm not sure yet." I told her.

She looked at me. "maybe give her some time to collect herself first. Let her be alone for some time."

I scoffed. Hell nah. "then another guy will snatch her up."

She giggled and put her hand on my cheek. "No, baby. I promise right now... she just needs a friend. Just be there for her but don't force her into a relationship as of yet, her heart is still wounded... let her heal. You know she is too fragile, she needs to learn how to stand on her own."

She did have some good points. "If you say so

Later on in the day. I was on my way to call Hakim on my burner phone to discuss our meet up but then I noticed the storage room was open and I could hear small cries coming from inside. "Ma?" I opened and was surprised to see Krysti. She quickly jumped and looked at me with tears down her eyes and she was hiding something behind her.

"Uh... Zion. I'm sorry I was just... taking a break and I will be getting back to work now..." she faked a laugh, wiping her tears then quickly tried to walk out but I blocked her way.

"What's that?" I asked her with a serious face. Everything in this room belonged to me so I wanted to know what the hell was going on. She didn't want to answer so I violently took the item and it was a picture. My face scrunched up looking at the frame knowing exactly which picture it was.

 My face scrunched up looking at the frame knowing exactly which picture it was