an open letter to the abused child

cw: implied abuse language & abandonment

Hey dear,
I know you're probably feeling scared on seeing me, thinking I'll do the same things as those people did and I totally get you. But, I wanted to assure you that I won't! Really. I know I look like just another person who's used you and made your life a living hell. At times you wished there was an end to this, and you've tried many times to end your life itself, but you don't do it, cause your parents are already gone and your uncle and aunt took you for foster. You're too innocent to understand things and you love your little family too much. But you just can't do anything to even remotely explain that you're not good. They won't ever listen you. You have nobody to listen to you. But I come here as a traveller. A lone traveller who has lost her path. As I see you, I wish there was something I could really do to gain your trust and get you on a new life. Well, I don't really think I'm worth your trust, since I'm a human too, made of the same blood and flesh as they are and only an angel must rescue you. I've a new purpose of my journey now. The path is not so deserted now. I'll find that angel for you.

Loads of love,
A Stranger

©Saramitra